9 pictures of Light Pink And Mantis Green Solid Pure Color Simply Chic Full, Queen Size Kids Space Bedding Sets ( Light Green Bedding #2)
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Pinkpink1 (pingk),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est.
- a color varying from light crimson to pale reddish purple.
- any of several plants of the genus Dianthus, as the clove pink or carnation. Cf. pink family.
- the flower of such a plant;
- the highest form or degree;
prime: a runner in the pink of condition.
- (often cap.) Also, pinko. Slang (disparaging). a person with left-wing, but not extreme, political opinions.
- [Business Informal.]a carbon copy, as of a sales slip or invoice, made on pink tissue paper.
- [Fox Hunting.]See pink coat.
- pinkish-tan gabardine trousers formerly worn by military officers as part of the dress uniform.
- the scarlet color of hunting pinks.
- of the color pink: pink marble.
- [Slang](disparaging). holding, or regarded as holding, mildly leftist views, esp. in politics.
- tickled pink. See tickle (def. 8).
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Greengreen (grēn),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v.
- of the color of growing foliage, between yellow and blue in the spectrum: green leaves.
- covered with herbage or foliage;
verdant: green fields.
- characterized by the presence of verdure.
- made of green vegetables, as lettuce, spinach, endive, or chicory: a green salad.
- not fully developed or perfected in growth or condition;
not properly aged: This peach is still green.
not dried or cured: green lumber.
- immature in age or judgment;
inexperienced: a green worker.
- fresh, recent, or new: an insult still green in his mind.
- having a sickly appearance;
wan: green with fear; green with envy.
- full of life and vigor;
young: a man ripe in years but green in heart.
- environmentally sound or beneficial: green computers.
- (of wine) having a flavor that is raw, harsh, and acid, due esp. to a lack of maturity.
- freshly slaughtered or still raw: green meat.
- not fired, as bricks or pottery.
- (of cement or mortar) freshly set and not completely hardened.
- (of sand) sufficiently moist to form a compact lining for a mold without further treatment.
- (of a casting) as it comes from the mold.
- (of a powder, in powder metallurgy) unsintered.
- a color intermediate in the spectrum between yellow and blue, an effect of light with a wavelength between 500 and 570 nm;
found in nature as the color of most grasses and leaves while growing, of some fruits while ripening, and of the sea.
- [Art.]a secondary color that has been formed by the mixture of blue and yellow pigments.
- green coloring matter, as paint or dye.
- green material or clothing: to be dressed in green.
- fresh leaves or branches of trees, shrubs, etc., used for decoration;
- the leaves and stems of plants, as spinach, lettuce, or cabbage, used for food.
- a blue-green uniform of the U.S. Army.
- grassy land;
a plot of grassy ground.
- a piece of grassy ground constituting a town or village common.
- Also called putting green. [Golf.]the area of closely cropped grass surrounding each hole.
- See bowling green.
- a shooting range for archery.
- See green light (def. 1).
greenbacks (usually prec. by the): I'd like to buy a new car but I don't have the green.
- (cap.) a member of the Green party (in Germany).
- read the green, to inspect a golf green, analyzing its slope and surface, so as to determine the difficulties to be encountered when putting.
- to become or make green.
- to restore the vitality of: Younger executives are greening corporate managements.
Solidsol•id (sol′id),USA pronunciation adj.
- having three dimensions (length, breadth, and thickness), as a geometrical body or figure.
- of or pertaining to bodies or figures of three dimensions.
- having the interior completely filled up, free from cavities, or not hollow: a solid piece of chocolate.
- without openings or breaks: a solid wall.
- firm, hard, or compact in substance: solid ground.
- having relative firmness, coherence of particles, or persistence of form, as matter that is not liquid or gaseous: solid particles suspended in a liquid.
- pertaining to such matter: Water in a solid state is ice.
- dense, thick, or heavy in nature or appearance: solid masses of cloud.
- not flimsy, slight, or light, as buildings, furniture, fabrics, or food;
- of a substantial character;
not superficial, trifling, or frivolous: a solid work of scientific scholarship.
- without separation or division;
continuous: a solid row of buildings.
- whole or entire: one solid hour.
- forming the whole;
consisting entirely of one substance or material: solid gold.
- uniform in tone or shades, as a color: a solid blue dress.
- real or genuine: solid comfort.
- sound or reliable, as reasons or arguments: solid facts.
fully reliable or sensible: a solid citizen.
- financially sound or strong: Our company is solid.
- cubic: A solid foot contains 1728 solid inches.
- written without a hyphen, as a compound word.
- having the lines not separated by leads, or having few open spaces, as type or printing.
- thorough, vigorous, great, big, etc. (with emphatic force, often after good): a good solid blow.
- firmly united or consolidated: a solid combination.
- united or unanimous in opinion, policy, etc.
- on a friendly, favorable, or advantageous footing (often prec. by in): He was in solid with her parents.
- excellent, esp. musically.
- a body or object having three dimensions (length, breadth, and thickness).
- a solid substance or body;
a substance exhibiting rigidity.
Colorcol•or (kul′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light;
saturation or chroma;
- the natural appearance of the skin, esp. of the face;
complexion: She has a lovely color.
- a ruddy complexion: The wind and sun had given color to the sailor's face.
- a blush: His remarks brought the color to her face.
- vivid or distinctive quality, as of a literary work: Melville's description of a whaling voyage is full of color.
- details in description, customs, speech, habits, etc., of a place or period: The novel takes place in New Orleans and contains much local color.
- something that is used for coloring;
- background information, as anecdotes about players or competitors or analyses of plays, strategy, or performance, given by a sportscaster to heighten interest in a sportscast.
- any distinctive color or combination or pattern of colors, esp. of a badge, ribbon, uniform, or the like, worn or displayed as a symbol of or to identify allegiance to, membership in, or sponsorship by a school, group, or organization.
- nature, viewpoint, or attitude;
personality: His behavior in a crisis revealed his true colors.
- a flag, ensign, etc., particularly the national flag.
- [U.S. Navy.]the ceremony of hoisting the national flag at 8 a.m. and of lowering it at sunset.
- skin complexion of a particular people or race, esp. when other than white: a man of color.
- outward appearance or aspect;
guise or show: It was a lie, but it had the color of the truth.
- a pretext: She did it under the color of doing a good deed.
- [Painting.]the general use or effect of the pigments in a picture.
- [Chiefly Law.]an apparent or prima facie right or ground: to hold possession under color of title.
- See tone color.
- a trace or particle of valuable mineral, esp. gold, as shown by washing auriferous gravel.
- any of the labels red, green, or blue that designate the three states in which quarks are expected to exist, or any of the corresponding labels for antiquark states. Cf. quantum chromodynamics, quark model.
- the amount of ink used.
- a tincture other than a fur or metal, usually including gules, azure, vert, sable, and purpure.
- call to the colors, to summon for service in the armed forces: Thousands are being called to the colors.
- change color:
- to blush as from embarrassment.
- to turn pale, as from fear: When he saw the size of his opponent, he changed color.
- with flying colors. See flying colors.
- involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.
- to give or apply color to;
dye: She colored her hair dark red.
- to cause to appear different from the reality: In order to influence the jury, he colored his account of what had happened.
- to give a special character or distinguishing quality to: His personal feelings color his writing.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] colour. col′or•er, n.
- to take on or change color: The ocean colored at dawn.
- to flush* blush: He colored when confronted with the incriminating evidence.
Chicchic (shēk),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est.
- attractive and fashionable; stylish: a chic hat.
- style and elegance, esp. in dress: Paris clothes have such chic.
modishness: the chic of the firstnighters.
Queenqueen (kwēn),USA pronunciation n.
- a female sovereign or monarch.
- the wife or consort of a king.
- a woman, or something personified as a woman, that is foremost or preeminent in any respect: a movie queen; a beauty queen; Athens, the queen of the Aegean.
- (disparaging and offensive).
- a male homosexual, esp. one who is flamboyantly campy.
- See drag queen.
- a playing card bearing a picture of a queen.
- the most powerful piece of either color, moved across any number of empty squares in any direction.
- [Entomol.]a fertile female ant, bee, termite, or wasp.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter Q.
- to reign as queen.
- to behave in an imperious or pretentious manner (usually fol. by it).
- to become promoted to a queen.
Sizesize1 (sīz),USA pronunciation n., v., sized, siz•ing.
- the spatial dimensions, proportions, magnitude, or bulk of anything: the size of a farm; the size of the fish you caught.
- considerable or great magnitude: to seek size rather than quality.
- one of a series of graduated measures for articles of manufacture or trade: children's sizes of shoes.
range: a fortune of great size.
- actual condition, circumstance, or state of affairs: That's about the size of it.
- a number of population or contents: What size is Springfield, Illinois? The size of that last shipment was only a dozen.
- [Obs.]a fixed standard of quality or quantity, as for food or drink.
- of a size, of the same or similar size: The two poodles are of a size.
- try on for size:
- to put on briefly in order to test the fit of, as a garment or shoes.
- to consider, evaluate, do, or use before taking further action: We'll try the plan on for size to see whether it's practical.
- to separate or sort according to size.
- to make of a certain size.
- to press (a sintered compact) to close tolerances.
- [Obs.]to regulate or control according to a fixed standard.
- size up, [Informal.]
- to form an estimate of (a situation, person, etc.);
judge: They sized him up with a look.
- to meet a certain standard: He doesn't size up to my expectations.
Kidskid1 (kid),USA pronunciation n., v., kid•ded, kid•ding, adj.
- a child or young person.
- (used as a familiar form of address.)
- a young goat.
- leather made from the skin of a kid or goat, used in making shoes and gloves.
- a glove made from this leather.
- (of a goat) to give birth to (young).
- made of kidskin.
- younger: his kid sister.
Spacespace (spās),USA pronunciation n., v., spaced, spac•ing, adj.
- the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur.
- the portion or extent of this in a given instance;
extent or room in three dimensions: the space occupied by a body.
- extent or area in two dimensions;
a particular extent of surface: to fill out blank spaces in a document.
- the designed and structured surface of a picture: In Mondrian's later work he organized space in highly complex rhythms.
- the illusion of depth on a two-dimensional surface.
- See outer space.
- See deep space.
- a seat, berth, or room on a train, airplane, etc.
- a place available for a particular purpose: a parking space.
- linear distance;
a particular distance: trees separated by equal spaces.
- a system of objects with relations between the objects defined.
- extent, or a particular extent, of time: a space of two hours.
- an interval of time;
a while: After a space he continued his story.
- an area or interval allowed for or taken by advertising, as in a periodical, on the radio, etc.
- the interval between two adjacent lines of the staff.
- an interval or blank area in text: a space between the letters.
- one of the blank pieces of metal, less than type-high, used to separate words, sentences, etc.
- an interval during the transmitting of a message when the key is not in contact.
- radio or television broadcast time allowed or available for a program, advertisement, etc.
- freedom or opportunity to express oneself, resolve a personal difficulty, be alone, etc.;
allowance, understanding, or noninterference: Right now, you can help by giving me some space.
- to fix the space or spaces of;
divide into spaces.
- to set some distance apart.
- to separate (words, letters, or lines) by spaces.
- to extend by inserting more space or spaces (usually fol. by out).
- of, pertaining to, or concerned with outer space or deep space: a space mission.
- designed for or suitable to use in the exploration of outer space or deep space: space tools; specially packaged space food for astronauts.
Beddingbed•ding (bed′ing),USA pronunciation n.
- blankets, sheets, etc., used on a bed;
- bedclothes together with a matress.
straw, etc., as a bed for animals.
- a foundation or bottom layer.
- a thin layer of putty laid in the rabbet of a window frame or muntin to give a pane of glass an even backing.
- arrangement of sedimentary rocks in strata.
- [Hort.]of or pertaining to a plant esp. suited to or prepared for planting in an open-air bed for ornamental displays: bedding hyacinths; bedding begonias.
Setsset (set),USA pronunciation v., set, set•ting, n., adj., interj.
- to put (something or someone) in a particular place: to set a vase on a table.
- to place in a particular position or posture: Set the baby on his feet.
- to place in some relation to something or someone: We set a supervisor over the new workers.
- to put into some condition: to set a house on fire.
- to put or apply: to set fire to a house.
- to put in the proper position: to set a chair back on its feet.
- to put in the proper or desired order or condition for use: to set a trap.
- to distribute or arrange china, silver, etc., for use on (a table): to set the table for dinner.
- to place (the hair, esp. when wet) on rollers, in clips, or the like, so that the hair will assume a particular style.
- to put (a price or value) upon something: He set $7500 as the right amount for the car. The teacher sets a high value on neatness.
- to fix the value of at a certain amount or rate;
value: He set the car at $500. She sets neatness at a high value.
- to post, station, or appoint for the purpose of performing some duty: to set spies on a person.
- to determine or fix definitely: to set a time limit.
- to resolve or decide upon: to set a wedding date.
- to cause to pass into a given state or condition: to set one's mind at rest; to set a prisoner free.
- to direct or settle resolutely or wishfully: to set one's mind to a task.
- to present as a model;
place before others as a standard: to set a good example.
- to establish for others to follow: to set a fast pace.
- to prescribe or assign, as a task.
- to adjust (a mechanism) so as to control its performance.
- to adjust the hands of (a clock or watch) according to a certain standard: I always set my watch by the clock in the library.
- to adjust (a timer, alarm of a clock, etc.) so as to sound when desired: He set the alarm for seven o'clock.
- to fix or mount (a gem or the like) in a frame or setting.
- to ornament or stud with gems or the like: a bracelet set with pearls.
- to cause to sit;
seat: to set a child in a highchair.
- to put (a hen) on eggs to hatch them.
- to place (eggs) under a hen or in an incubator for hatching.
- to place or plant firmly: to set a flagpole in concrete.
- to put into a fixed, rigid, or settled state, as the face, muscles, etc.
- to fix at a given point or calibration: to set the dial on an oven; to set a micrometer.
- to tighten (often fol. by up): to set nuts well up.
- to cause to take a particular direction: to set one's course to the south.
- to put (a broken or dislocated bone) back in position.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of (game) by standing stiffly and pointing with the muzzle.
- to fit, as words to music.
- to arrange for musical performance.
- to arrange (music) for certain voices or instruments.
- to arrange the scenery, properties, lights, etc., on (a stage) for an act or scene.
- to prepare (a scene) for dramatic performance.
- to spread and secure (a sail) so as to catch the wind.
- to arrange (type) in the order required for printing.
- to put together types corresponding to (copy);
compose in type: to set an article.
- [Baking.]to put aside (a substance to which yeast has been added) in order that it may rise.
- to change into curd: to set milk with rennet.
- to cause (glue, mortar, or the like) to become fixed or hard.
- to urge, goad, or encourage to attack: to set the hounds on a trespasser.
- [Bridge.]to cause (the opposing partnership or their contract) to fall short: We set them two tricks at four spades. Only perfect defense could set four spades.
- to affix or apply, as by stamping: The king set his seal to the decree.
- to fix or engage (a fishhook) firmly into the jaws of a fish by pulling hard on the line once the fish has taken the bait.
- to sharpen or put a keen edge on (a blade, knife, razor, etc.) by honing or grinding.
- to fix the length, width, and shape of (yarn, fabric, etc.).
- [Carpentry.]to sink (a nail head) with a nail set.
- to bend or form to the proper shape, as a saw tooth or a spring.
- to bend the teeth of (a saw) outward from the blade alternately on both sides in order to make a cut wider than the blade itself.
- to pass below the horizon;
sink: The sun sets early in winter.
- to decline;
- to assume a fixed or rigid state, as the countenance or the muscles.
- (of the hair) to be placed temporarily on rollers, in clips, or the like, in order to assume a particular style: Long hair sets more easily than short hair.
- to become firm, solid, or permanent, as mortar, glue, cement, or a dye, due to drying or physical or chemical change.
- to sit on eggs to hatch them, as a hen.
- to hang or fit, as clothes.
- to begin to move;
start (usually fol. by forth, out, off, etc.).
- (of a flower's ovary) to develop into a fruit.
- (of a hunting dog) to indicate the position of game.
- to have a certain direction or course, as a wind, current, or the like.
- (of a sail) to be spread so as to catch the wind.
- (of type) to occupy a certain width: This copy sets to forty picas.
- [Nonstandard.]sit: Come in and set a spell.
- set about:
- to begin on;
- to undertake;
- to assault;
- set against:
- to cause to be hostile or antagonistic.
- to compare or contrast: The advantages must be set against the disadvantages.
- set ahead, to set to a later setting or time: Set your clocks ahead one hour.
- set apart:
- to reserve for a particular purpose.
- to cause to be noticed;
distinguish: Her bright red hair sets her apart from her sisters.
- set aside:
- to put to one side;
reserve: The clerk set aside the silver brooch for me.
- to dismiss from the mind;
- to prevail over;
annul: to set aside a verdict.
- set back:
- to hinder;
- to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show an earlier time: When your plane gets to California, set your watch back two hours.
- to reduce to a lower setting: Set back the thermostat before you go to bed.
- set by, to save or keep for future use.
- set down:
- to write or to copy or record in writing or printing.
- to consider;
estimate: to set someone down as a fool.
- to attribute;
ascribe: to set a failure down to bad planning.
- to put in a position of rest on a level surface.
- to humble or humiliate.
- to land an airplane: We set down in a heavy fog.
- (in horse racing) to suspend (a jockey) from competition because of some offense or infraction of the rules.
- set forth:
- to give an account of;
describe: He set forth his theory in a scholarly report.
- to begin a journey;
start: Columbus set forth with three small ships.
- set forward, to turn the hands of (a watch or clock) to show a later time: When your plane lands in New York, set your watch forward two hours.
- set in:
- to begin to prevail;
arrive: Darkness set in.
- (of winds or currents) to blow or flow toward the shore.
- set off:
- to cause to become ignited or to explode.
- to begin;
- to intensify or improve by contrast.
- to begin a journey or trip;
- set on:
- Also, set upon. to attack or cause to attack: to set one's dog on a stranger.
- to instigate;
incite: to set a crew to mutiny.
- set one's face against. See face (def. 35).
- set out:
- to begin a journey or course: to set out for home.
- to undertake;
attempt: He set out to prove his point.
- to design;
plan: to set out a pattern.
- to define;
describe: to set out one's arguments.
- to plant: to set out petunias and pansies.
- to lay out (the plan of a building) in actual size at the site.
- to lay out (a building member or the like) in actual size.
- set store by. See store (def. 9).
- set to:
- to make a vigorous effort;
apply oneself to work;
- to begin to fight;
- set up:
- to put upright;
- to put into a high or powerful position.
- to construct;
- to be assembled or made ready for use: exercise equipment that sets up in a jiffy.
- to inaugurate;
- to enable to begin in business;
provide with means.
- to make a gift of;
treat, as to drinks.
- to stimulate;
- to propound;
- to bring about;
- to become firm or hard, as a glue or cement: a paint that sets up within five minutes.
- to lead or lure into a dangerous, detrimental, or embarrassing situation, as by deceitful prearrangement or connivance.
- to entrap or frame, as an innocent person in a crime or a criminal suspect in a culpable circumstance in order to achieve an arrest.
- to arrange the murder or execution of: His partner set him up with the mob.
- [Bridge.]to establish (a suit): to set up spades.
- the act or state of setting or the state of being set.
- a collection of articles designed for use together: a set of china; a chess set.
- a collection, each member of which is adapted for a special use in a particular operation: a set of golf clubs; a set of carving knives.
- a number, group, or combination of things of similar nature, design, or function: a set of ideas.
- a series of volumes by one author, about one subject, etc.
- a number, company, or group of persons associated by common interests, occupations, conventions, or status: a set of murderous thieves; the smart set.
- the fit, as of an article of clothing: the set of his coat.
- fixed direction, bent, or inclination: The set of his mind was obvious.
- bearing or carriage: the set of one's shoulders.
- the assumption of a fixed, rigid, or hard state, as by mortar or glue.
- the arrangement of the hair in a particular style: How much does the beauty parlor charge for a shampoo and set?
- a plate for holding a tool or die.
- an apparatus for receiving radio or television programs;
- [Philately.]a group of stamps that form a complete series.
- [Tennis.]a unit of a match, consisting of a group of not fewer than six games with a margin of at least two games between the winner and loser: He won the match in straight sets of 6–3, 6–4, 6–4.
- a construction representing a place or scene in which the action takes place in a stage, motion-picture, or television production.
- the bending out of the points of alternate teeth of a saw in opposite directions.
- a permanent deformation or displacement of an object or part.
- a tool for giving a certain form to something, as a saw tooth.
- a chisel having a wide blade for dividing bricks.
- [Hort.]a young plant, or a slip, tuber, or the like, suitable for planting.
- the number of couples required to execute a quadrille or the like.
- a series of movements or figures that make up a quadrille or the like.
- a group of pieces played by a band, as in a night club, and followed by an intermission.
- the period during which these pieces are played.
- [Bridge.]a failure to take the number of tricks specified by one's contract: Our being vulnerable made the set even more costly.
- the direction of a wind, current, etc.
- the form or arrangement of the sails, spars, etc., of a vessel.
- suit (def. 12).
- [Psychol.]a temporary state of an organism characterized by a readiness to respond to certain stimuli in a specific way.
- a timber frame bracing or supporting the walls or roof of a shaft or stope.
- [Carpentry.]See nail set.
- a collection of objects or elements classed together.
- the width of a body of type.
- sett (def. 3).
- fixed or prescribed beforehand: a set time; set rules.
fixed: The hall holds a set number of people.
- deliberately composed;
customary: set phrases.
rigid: a set smile.
- resolved or determined;
habitually or stubbornly fixed: to be set in one's opinions.
- completely prepared;
ready: Is everyone set?
- all set, in readiness;
prepared: They were at the starting line and all set to begin.
Also, get set!
- (in calling the start of a race): Ready! Set! Go!
Hello , this blog post is about Light Pink And Mantis Green Solid Pure Color Simply Chic Full, Queen Size Kids Space Bedding Sets ( Light Green Bedding #2). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 680 x 680. This image's file size is just 52 KB. Wether You want to download It to Your PC, you might Click here. You may too download more images by clicking the following image or read more at here: Light Green Bedding.
To take pleasure from the Light Green Bedding's wonder that you simply develop a park counter in the home needed a good and comfy. When selecting a playground counter some things you should think about, it looks beautiful and operating brilliantly. On selecting a playground seat from home impression the next tips dotcom. Tips about Picking A Light Pink And Mantis Green Solid Pure Color Simply Chic Full, Queen Size Kids Space Bedding Sets ( Light Green Bedding #2) such as:
For those of you who would like to produce a park counter that is permanent, observe the place of not to improper placement the bench that may undermine the concept of minimalist garden and the career that you develop. With sleeping yard desk with benches that one principle combine.
Select the substance couch allweather. For example, iron material, solid wood, bamboo, metal (ironwood). Style a park bench with a design just like park's idea you have. Paint is just a two- substance is often utilized in finishing a park table. Select paint that's a level of anti - anti, UV -form, and labeled go green, so your color keep going longer despite regular rain and sun exposure.