Overheado•ver•head (adv. ō′vər hed′;adj., n. ō′vər hed′),USA pronunciation adv.
- over one's head;
up in the air or sky, esp. near the zenith: There was a cloud overhead.
- so as to be completely submerged or deeply involved: to plunge overhead in water; to sink overhead in debt.
- situated, operating, or passing above, aloft, or over the head: an overhead sprinkler system.
- of or pertaining to the general cost of running a business: overhead expenses; an overhead charge.
- the general, fixed cost of running a business, as rent, lighting, and heating expenses, which cannot be charged or attributed to a specific product or part of the work operation.
- [Accountableing.]that part of manufacturing costs for which cost per unit produced is not readily assignable.
- (in a hoistway) the distance between the last floor level served and the beam supporting the hoisting sheaves or machinery.
- (in racket sports) a stroke in which the ball or shuttlecock is hit with a downward motion from above the head;
- an overhead compartment, shelf, etc.: Pillows are in the overhead above each passenger's seat.
- Also called o′verhead shot′. [Motion Pictures, Television.]a shot in which the camera is positioned above the actors, esp. directly overhead.
- a ceiling light in a room: Turn off the overheads when you leave.
- Also called o′verhead projec′tor. a projector capable of projecting images above and behind the person operating it, thus allowing a lecturer or speaker to remain facing the audience while using it.
- Also called o′verhead projec′tion. a picture or image projected in this manner: a lecture enhanced with overheads.
Presspress1 (pres),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to act upon with steadily applied weight or force.
- to move by weight or force in a certain direction or into a certain position: The crowd pressed him into a corner.
- to compress or squeeze, as to alter in shape or size: He pressed the clay into a ball.
- to weigh heavily upon;
subject to pressure.
- to hold closely, as in an embrace;
clasp: He pressed her in his arms.
- to flatten or make smooth, esp. by ironing: to press clothes; to press flowers in the leaves of a book.
- to extract juice, sugar, etc., from by pressure: to press grapes.
- to squeeze out or express, as juice: to press the juice from grapes.
- to beset or harass;
afflict: He was pressed by problems on all sides.
- to trouble or oppress;
put into a difficult position, as by depriving: Poverty pressed them hard.
- to urge or entreat strongly or insistently: to press for payment of a debt; to press for an answer.
- to emphasize or propound forcefully;
insist upon: He pressed his own ideas on us.
- to plead with insistence: to press a claim.
- to urge onward;
hasten: He pressed his horse to go faster.
- to push forward.
- to manufacture (phonograph records, videodiscs, or the like), esp. by stamping from a mold or matrix.
- to exert weight, force, or pressure.
- [WeightLifting.]to raise or lift, esp. a specified amount of weight, in a press.
- to iron clothing, curtains, etc.
- to bear heavily, as upon the mind.
- (of athletes and competitors) to perform tensely or overanxiously, as when one feels pressured or is determined to break out of a slump;
strain because of frustration: For days he hasn't seemed able to buy a hit, and he's been pressing.
- to compel haste: Time presses.
- to demand immediate attention.
- to use urgent entreaty: to press for an answer.
- to push forward or advance with force, eagerness, or haste: The army pressed to reach the river by dawn.
- to crowd or throng.
- [Basketball.]to employ a press.
- press the flesh, [Informal.]See flesh (def. 15).
- an act of pressing;
- the state of being pressed.
- printed publications collectively, esp. newspapers and periodicals.
- all the media and agencies that print, broadcast, or gather and transmit news, including newspapers, newsmagazines, radio and television news bureaus, and wire services.
- the editorial employees, taken collectively, of these media and agencies.
- (often used with a pl. v.) a group of news reporters, or of news reporters and news photographers: The press are in the outer office, waiting for a statement.
- the consensus of the general critical commentary or the amount of coverage accorded a person, thing, or event, esp. in newspapers and periodicals (often prec. by good or bad): The play received a good press. The minister's visit got a bad press.
- See printing press.
- an establishment for printing books, magazines, etc.
- the process or art of printing.
- any of various devices or machines for exerting pressure, stamping, or crushing.
- a wooden or metal viselike device for preventing a tennis or other racket from warping when not in use.
- a pressing or pushing forward.
- a crowding, thronging, or pressing together;
collective force: The press of the crowd drove them on.
- a crowd, throng, or multitude.
- the desired smooth or creased effect caused by ironing or pressing: His suit was out of press.
- pressure or urgency, as of affairs or business.
- an upright case or other piece of furniture for holding clothes, books, pamphlets, etc.
- [Basketball.]an aggressive form of defense in which players guard opponents very closely.
- [Weightlifting.]a lift in which the barbell, after having been lifted from the ground up to chest level, is pushed to a position overhead with the arms extended straight up, without moving the legs or feet.
- go to press, to begin being printed: The last edition has gone to press.
Shouldershoul•der (shōl′dər),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of each side of the body in humans, at the top of the trunk, extending from each side of the base of the neck to the region where the arm articulates with the trunk.
- Usually, shoulders. these two parts together with the part of the back joining them.
- a corresponding part in animals. See diag. under horse.
- the upper foreleg and adjoining parts of a sheep, goat, etc.
- the joint connecting the arm or the foreleg with the trunk.
- a shoulderlike part or projection.
- [Ornith.]the bend of a bird's wing, between the hand and the forearm, esp. when distinctively colored, as in the red-shouldered hawk, Buteo lineatus.
- a cut of meat that includes the upper joint of the foreleg.
- Often, shoulders. capacity for bearing responsibility or blame or sympathizing with other people: If you want to tell me your troubles, I have broad shoulders.
- a steplike change in the contour of an object, as for opposing or limiting motion along it or for an abutment.
- the end surface or surfaces of a piece from which a tenon or tenons project.
- an inclined and raised surface, as on a joggle post, for receiving and supporting the foot of a strut or the like.
- [Fort.]the angle of a bastion between the face and the flank.
- the flat surface on a type body extending beyond the base of the letter or character. See diag. under type.
- the part of a garment that covers, or fits over, the shoulder.
- (in leather manufacturing) that part of the hide anterior to the butt.
- either of the two edges or borders along a road, esp. that portion on which vehicles can be parked in emergencies. Cf. soft shoulder.
- See shoulder season.
- knee (def. 6).
- cry on someone's shoulder, to reveal one's problems to another person in order to obtain sympathy: Don't cry on my shoulder—this mess is your own fault.
- put one's shoulder to the wheel, to work energetically toward a goal;
put forth effort: If we put our shoulders to the wheel, we'll be able to finish the job soon.
- rub shoulders with, to come into association with;
mingle with: As a social worker in one of the worst slum areas, she rubs shoulders with the poor and the helpless.
- shoulder to shoulder, side by side;
with united effort: The volunteers worked shoulder to shoulder with the natives in harvesting the crops.
- straight from the shoulder, without evasion;
candidly: The lawyer told him straight from the shoulder that his case was weak.
- to push with or as if with the shoulder, esp. roughly: to shoulder someone aside.
- to take upon, support, or carry on or as if on the shoulder or shoulders: He shouldered his knapsack and walked on.
- to assume as a responsibility: to shoulder the expense.
- to push with or as if with the shoulder: to shoulder through a crowd.
- shoulder arms:
- to place a rifle muzzle upward on the right or left shoulder, with the buttstock in the corresponding hand.
- the command to shoulder arms.
Hi guys, this photo is about Overhead Press Shoulder Injuries (awesome Bench Press Shoulder Impingement #1). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 952 x 300. It's file size is only 48 KB. If You desired to download It to Your computer, you might Click here. You also also download more images by clicking the photo below or read more at here: Bench Press Shoulder Impingement.
Everyone understands that color is among the most critical facets in making a design that is beautiful bedroom. Colour can be an essential aspect for decorating, remodeling or producing styles, thus deciding on the best hues has to be considered. As mentioned in the previous post, along with could drive influence on relationship, perception and feeling.
In deciding on the best colour on your household bedrooms, therefore, you should spend specific interest. The bedroom is actually an area where we relax, a haven where we sleep maybe, or once we are exhausted, tired of the daily regime once we are ill. The sack will be the position wherever we wished perhaps, study a favorite story or to be alone remain muted. Bedrooms should be a location that can produce us feel not uncomfortable.
This color is indeed blends properly with the color taste and accessories utilized in this bedroom We hope room style with color selections above can help you evaluate your house on the color scheme that's most relaxed for you.The bedrooms are smartly designed firstly selecting the most appropriate colour.
Because of the importance of the bedroom's big event, we should discuss the styles that are most effective bedroom. We ought to select color and the style that can produce us accomplish peace of comfort and mind. A bedroom design that'll inspire tranquility in a day that is hectic. You'll see by having a bedroom with Overhead Press Shoulder Injuries (awesome Bench Press Shoulder Impingement #1) colour that is great could be a luxury in itself.
When combined together with the ideal feature colors like shades of silver, light blue green, Overhead Press Shoulder Injuries (awesome Bench Press Shoulder Impingement #1) can be neat hues for the room. Shining components can make your room more beautiful and comfortable. It's using yellow shade it is the most effective coloring for your room and was spot-on, not-too shiny but relaxing.
Selecting a color-scheme that you like and make you experience many comfy may be the point that is most significant that you ought to consider. Don't forget to make sure that whatever shade combination you select should match every aspect inside your room.