Measuremeas•ure (mezh′ər),USA pronunciation n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- a unit or standard of measurement: weights and measures.
- a system of measurement: liquid measure.
- an instrument, as a graduated rod or a container of standard capacity, for measuring.
- the extent, dimensions, quantity, etc., of something, ascertained esp. by comparison with a standard: to take the measure of a thing.
- the act or process of ascertaining the extent, dimensions, or quantity of something;
- a definite or known quantity measured out: to drink a measure of wine.
- any standard of comparison, estimation, or judgment.
- a quantity, degree, or proportion: in large measure.
- a moderate amount: to live with a measure of enjoyment.
- a limit, or an extent or degree not to be exceeded: to know no measure.
- reasonable bounds or limits: to know no measure.
- a legislative bill or enactment: The senate passed the new measure.
- Usually, measures. actions or procedures intended as a means to an end: to take measures to avert suspicion.
- a short rhythmical movement or arrangement, as in poetry or music.
- a particular kind of such arrangement.
- the music contained between two bar lines;
- a metrical unit.
- an air or melody.
- a slow, dignified dance.
- Print. the width, measured in ems or picas, to which a column or page of printed matter is set.
- measures, Geol. beds;
- Math. an abstraction of the property of length;
a set function assigning to each set of a collection of sets a value, usu. having the properties of sigma finiteness and fnite additivity, the functional value of the whole collection being greater than zero.
- beyond measure, too much to be reckoned;
extremely: The suffering that they endured was beyond measure.
- for good measure, as an extra: In addition to dessert, they served chocolates for good measure.
- have or take someone's measure, to judge or assess someone's character, capabilities, etc.;
size up: During their conversation she was taking his measure as a prospective employee.
- in a or some measure, to some extent or degree: His conclusion is justified in some measure.
- to ascertain the extent, dimensions, quantity, capacity, etc., of, esp. by comparison with a standard: to measure boundaries.
- to mark off or deal out by way of measurement (often fol. by off or out ): to measure out two cups of flour.
- to estimate the relative amount, value, etc., of, by comparison with some standard: to measure the importance of an issue.
- to judge or appraise by comparison with something or someone else: to measure Corneille against Racine.
- to serve as the measure of: Her sacrifices measure the degree of her love.
- to adjust or proportion: to measure a portion to one's liking.
- to bring into comparison or competition: to measure one's strength with another's.
- to travel over;
traverse: to measure a room with great strides.
- to take measurements.
- to admit of measurement.
- to be of a specified measure.
- measure one's length, to fall or be knocked down;
fall flat: He missed a step in the dark and measured his length at the bottom.
- measure swords:
- to test one's preparedness for a contest or encounter.
- to battle with swords.
- to fight, compete, etc.: The producer of the poorly reviewed show decided to measure swords with the critics.
- measure up,
- to reach a certain standard: The exhibition didn't measure up to last year's.
- to be capable or qualified: As an administrator, he couldn't quite measure up.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Verticalver•ti•cal (vûr′ti kəl),USA pronunciation adj.
- being in a position or direction perpendicular to the plane of the horizon;
- of, pertaining to, or situated at the vertex.
- of or pertaining to the cranial vertex.
- (of a leaf ) having the blade in a perpendicular plane, so that neither of the surfaces can be called upper or lower.
- being in the same direction as the axis;
- of, constituting, or resulting in vertical combination.
- of or pertaining to a product or service from initial planning to sale.
- of, pertaining to, or noting a stratified society, nation, etc.
ver′ti•cal′i•ty, ver′ti•cal•ness, ver′ti•cal•ism, n.
- something vertical, as a line or plane.
- a vertical or upright position.
- a vertical structural member in a truss.
Blindsblind (blīnd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., n., adv.
- unable to see;
lacking the sense of sight;
sightless: a blind man.
- unwilling or unable to perceive or understand: They were blind to their children's faults. He was blind to all arguments.
- not characterized or determined by reason or control: blind tenacity; blind chance.
- not having or based on reason or intelligence;
absolute and unquestioning: She had blind faith in his fidelity.
- lacking all consciousness or awareness: a blind stupor.
- hard to see or understand: blind reasoning.
- hidden from immediate view, esp. from oncoming motorists: a blind corner.
- of concealed or undisclosed identity;
sponsored anonymously: a blind ad signed only with a box number.
- having no outlets;
closed at one end: a blind passage; a blind mountain pass.
- (of an archway, arcade, etc.) having no windows, passageways, or the like.
- dense enough to form a screen: a blind hedge of privet.
- done without seeing;
by instruments alone: blind flying.
- made without some prior knowledge: a blind purchase; a blind lead in a card game.
- of or pertaining to an experimental design that prevents investigators or subjects from knowing the hypotheses or conditions being tested.
- of, pertaining to, or for blind persons.
- [Bookbinding.](of a design, title, or the like) impressed into the cover or spine of a book by a die without ink or foil.
- [Cookery.](of pastry shells) baked or fried without the filling.
- (of a rivet or other fastener) made so that the end inserted, though inaccessible, can be headed or spread.
- to make sightless permanently, temporarily, or momentarily, as by injuring, dazzling, bandaging the eyes, etc.: The explosion blinded him. We were blinded by the bright lights.
- to make obscure or dark: The room was blinded by heavy curtains.
- to deprive of discernment, reason, or judgment: a resentment that blinds his good sense.
- to outshine;
eclipse: a radiance that doth blind the sun.
- something that obstructs vision, as a blinker for a horse.
- a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.
- See Venetian blind.
- [Chiefly Midland U.S. and Brit.]See window shade.
- a lightly built structure of brush or other growths, esp. one in which hunters conceal themselves.
- an activity, organization, or the like for concealing or masking action or purpose;
subterfuge: The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
- a decoy.
- a bout of excessive drinking;
- [Poker.]a compulsory bet made without prior knowledge of one's hand.
- (used with a pl. v.) persons who lack the sense of sight (usually preceded by the): The blind are said to have an acute sense of hearing.
- into a stupor;
to the degree at which consciousness is lost: He drank himself blind.
- without the ability to see clearly;
blindly: They were driving blind through the snowstorm.
- without guidance or forethought: They were working blind and couldn't anticipate the effects of their actions.
- to an extreme or absolute degree;
completely: The confidence men cheated her blind.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Alternativesal•ter•na•tive (ôl tûr′nə tiv, al-),USA pronunciation n.
- a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the selection of which precludes any other possibility: You have the alternative of riding or walking.
- one of the things, propositions, or courses of action that can be chosen: The alternative to riding is walking.
- a possible or remaining course or choice: There was no alternative but to walk.
Also, alternate (for defs. 1–4, 6). al•ter′na•tive•ly, adv.
- affording a choice of two or more things, propositions, or courses of action.
- (of two things, propositions, or courses) mutually exclusive so that if one is chosen the other must be rejected: The alternative possibilities are neutrality and war.
- employing or following nontraditional or unconventional ideas, methods, etc.;
existing outside the establishment: an alternative newspaper; alternative lifestyles.
- [Logic.](of a proposition) asserting two or more choices, at least one of which is true.
al•ter′na•tive•ness, al•ter′na•tiv′i•ty, n.
Howdy there, this image is about Measure For Vertical Blinds And Alternatives ( Custom Vertical Blinds Home Depot #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 706 x 484. This image's file size is just 57 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your computer, you should Click here. You might too download more photos by clicking the image below or read more at this article: Custom Vertical Blinds Home Depot.
Measure For Vertical Blinds And Alternatives ( Custom Vertical Blinds Home Depot #1) may be cool colors for your room when combined using the ideal highlight hues like shades of gold, lightblue green. Shimmering accessories calm and will make your place more beautiful. It is the usage of orange shade was spot on, not too brilliant but relaxing and it is the most effective colour for that room.
This color is so blends perfectly using the color taste and accessories found in this bedroom develop bedroom style with color selections above will help you examine your own property on a color scheme that is most comfy for you.The bedrooms are properly designed firstly selecting the most appropriate colour.
Choosing a color scheme that you allow you to feel not many uncomfortable and like could be the factor that is most significant that you should consider. Do not neglect to be sure that whatever shade mixture you select should match every detail in your bedroom.