Whatwhat (hwut, hwot, wut, wot; unstressed hwət, wət),USA pronunciation pron.
- (used interrogatively as a request for specific information): What is the matter?
- (used interrogatively to inquire about the character, occupation, etc., of a person): What does he do?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the origin, identity, etc., of something): What are those birds?
- (used interrogatively to inquire as to the worth, usefulness, force, or importance of something): What is wealth without friends?
- (used interrogatively to request a repetition of words or information not fully understood, usually used in elliptical constructions): You need what?
- (used interrogatively to inquire the reason or purpose of something, usually used in elliptical constructions): What of it?
- how much?: What does it cost?
- (used relatively to indicate that which): I will send what was promised.
anything that: Say what you please. Come what may.
- the kind of thing or person that: He said what everyone expected he would. They are just what I was expecting.
- as much as;
as many as: We should each give what we can.
- the thing or fact that (used in parenthetic clauses): He went to the meeting and, what was worse, insisted on speaking.
- (used to indicate more to follow, additional possibilities, alternatives, etc.): You know what? Shall we go or what?
- (used as an intensifier in exclamatory phrases, often fol. by an indefinite article): What luck! What an idea!
- don't you agree?: An unusual chap, what?
who: She's the one what told me.
- Say what? (used esp. among teenagers) What's that you say? Would you repeat that?
- So what? (an expression of disinterest, disinclination, or contempt.)
- what have you, other things of the same kind;
so forth: money, jewels, stocks, and what have you.
- what for:
- why: What are you doing that for?
- a punishment or scolding.
- what if, what would be the outcome if;
suppose that: What if everyone who was invited comes?
- what it takes, something that enables one to achieve success or attain a desired end, as good looks, ability, or money: There's a young woman who has what it takes to get along in the world.
- what's what, the true situation;
all the facts: It's high time you told him what's what.
- the true nature or identity of something, or the sum of its characteristics: a lecture on the whats and hows of crop rotation.
- (used interrogatively before nouns): What news? What clothes shall I pack?
- whatever: Take what supplies you need.
- to what extent or degree? how much?: What does it matter?
- (used to introduce a prepositional phrase beginning with with): What with storms and all, their return was delayed.
- [Obs.]for what reason or purpose? why?
- (used in exclamatory expressions, often fol. by a question): What, no salt?
- [Older Use.]as much as;
as far as: He helps me what he can.
- but what, but that;
who or that … not: Who knows but what the sun may still shine.
Crackscrack (krak),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to break without complete separation of parts;
become fissured: The plate cracked when I dropped it, but it was still usable.
- to break with a sudden, sharp sound: The branch cracked under the weight of the snow.
- to make a sudden, sharp sound in or as if in breaking;
snap: The whip cracked.
- (of the voice) to break abruptly and discordantly, esp. into an upper register, as because of weariness or emotion.
- to fail;
give way: His confidence cracked under the strain.
- to succumb or break down, esp. under severe psychological pressure, torture, or the like: They questioned him steadily for 24 hours before he finally cracked.
- to decompose as a result of being subjected to heat.
- [Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.]to brag;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to chat;
- to cause to make a sudden sharp sound: The driver cracked the whip.
- to break without complete separation of parts;
break into fissures.
- to break with a sudden, sharp sound: to crack walnuts.
- to strike and thereby make a sharp noise: The boxer cracked his opponent on the jaw.
- to induce or cause to be stricken with sorrow or emotion;
- to utter or tell: to crack jokes.
- to cause to make a cracking sound: to crack one's knuckles.
- to damage, weaken, etc.: The new evidence against him cracked his composure.
- to make mentally unsound.
- to make (the voice) harsh or unmanageable.
- to solve;
decipher: to crack a murder case.
- to break into (a safe, vault, etc.).
- to subject to the process of cracking, as in the distillation of petroleum.
- to open and drink (a bottle of wine, liquor, beer, etc.).
- crack a book, [Informal.]to open a book in order to study or read: He hardly ever cracked a book.
- crack a smile, [Informal.]to smile.
- crack down, to take severe or stern measures, esp. in enforcing obedience to laws or regulations: The police are starting to crack down on local drug dealers.
- crack off, to cause (a piece of hot glass) to fall from a blowpipe or punty.
- crack on, [Naut.]
- (of a sailing vessel) to sail in high winds under sails that would normally be furled.
- (of a power vessel) to advance at full speed in heavy weather.
- crack up, [Informal.]
- to suffer a mental or emotional breakdown.
- to crash, as in an automobile or airplane: He skidded into the telephone pole and cracked up.
- to wreck an automobile, airplane, or other vehicle.
- to laugh or to cause to laugh unrestrainedly: That story about the revolving door really cracked me up. Ed cracked up, too, when he heard it.
- crack wise, [Slang.]to wisecrack: We tried to be serious, but he was always cracking wise.
- get cracking, [Informal.]
- to begin moving or working;
start: Let's get cracking on these dirty dishes!
- to work or move more quickly.
- a break without complete separation of parts;
- a slight opening, as between boards in a floor or wall, or between a door and its doorpost.
- a sudden, sharp noise, as of something breaking.
- the snap of or as of a whip.
- a resounding blow: He received a terrific crack on the head when the branch fell.
- a witty or cutting remark;
- a break or change in the flow or tone of the voice.
try: Give him first crack at the new job.
- a flaw or defect.
- Also called rock. [Slang.]pellet-size pieces of highly purified cocaine, prepared with other ingredients for smoking, and known to be especially potent and addicting.
- [Masonry.]check1 (def. 46).
- a mental defect or deficiency.
- a shot, as with a rifle: At the first crack, the deer fell.
- a moment;
instant: He was on his feet again in a crack.
- a burglary, esp. an instance of housebreaking.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a person or thing that excels in some respect.
- (vulgar). the vulva.
- [Chiefly Scot.]conversation;
- [Archaic.]a burglar.
- fall through the cracks, to be overlooked, missed, or neglected: In any inspection process some defective materials will fall through the cracks.Also, slip between the cracks.
excellent: a crack shot.
- with a cracking sound.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Hi there, this picture is about What Causes Cracks In Ceilings? ( Cracks In Corner Of Ceiling #1). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1030 x 551. It's file size is just 48 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your computer, you may Click here. You could also download more attachments by clicking the following picture or read more at here: Cracks In Corner Of Ceiling.
Blinds are among the critical areas in a space. What Causes Cracks In Ceilings? ( Cracks In Corner Of Ceiling #1) ready to dam the daylight is also bright around the outside and to the other-hand is also in a position to address part of the area so as not apparent in the exterior. Till there's scarcely an area that had a window with no drapes so excellent blackout functionality.
To create a good mix of design of the space through the selection of appropriate blinds, we must be observant in the blend and complement of shades, styles, as well as the layer materials with the idea of space as well as the shape and size of the window itself. Not just that, the election blackout also needs to be designed to paint the surfaces the comparison is not it as well as as though the curtains have a shade that's not in equilibrium using the wall paint's coloring, the end result will appear unusual?
Blinds than beneficial in terms of purpose, may also be treated as a component of design that may decorate the area. These objects might be combined with kinds and models together with the topic of the area of windows in order provide a separate room decor and to come together.