Decorativedec•o•ra•tive (dek′ər ə tiv, dek′rə-, dek′ə rā′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- serving or tending to decorate.
- serving only to decorate, in contrast to providing a meaningful experience.
Ballsball1 (bôl),USA pronunciation n.
- a spherical or approximately spherical body or shape;
sphere: He rolled the piece of paper into a ball.
- a round or roundish body, of various sizes and materials, either hollow or solid, for use in games, as baseball, football, tennis, or golf.
- a game played with a ball, esp. baseball: The boys are out playing ball.
- [Baseball.]a pitched ball, not swung at by the batter, that does not pass over home plate between the batter's shoulders and knees.
- a solid, usually spherical projectile for a cannon, rifle, pistol, etc., as distinguished from a shell.
- projectiles, esp. bullets, collectively.
- any part of a thing, esp. of the human body, that is rounded or protuberant: the ball of the thumb.
- a round mass of food, as of chopped meat, dough, or candy.
- (vulgar). a testis.
- balls, Slang (vulgar).
- nonsense (often used as an interjection).
- bolus (def. 1).
- [Hort.]a compact mass of soil covering the roots of an uprooted tree or other plant.
- [Literary.]a planetary or celestial body, esp. the earth.
- (in a metric space) the set of points whose distance from the zero element is less than, or less than or equal to, a specified number.
- carry the ball, to assume the responsibility;
bear the burden: You can always count on him to carry the ball in an emergency.
- drop the ball, to make a mistake or miss an opportunity at a critical moment.
- keep the ball rolling, to continue or give renewed vigor to an activity already under way: When their interest lagged, he tried to keep the ball rolling.
- on the ball:
- alert and efficient or effective: If you don't get on the ball, you'll be fired.
- indicating intelligence or ability: The tests show your students don't have much on the ball. The new manager has a lot on the ball.
- play ball:
- to begin or continue playing a game.
- to start or continue any action.
- to work together;
cooperate: union leaders suspected of playing ball with racketeers.
- run with the ball, to assume responsibility or work enthusiastically: If management approves the concept, we'll run with the ball.
- start the ball rolling, to put into operation;
begin: The recreation director started the ball rolling by having all the participants introduce themselves.
- to make into a ball (sometimes fol. by up): The children were balling up snow to make a snowman.
- to wind into balls: to ball cotton.
- (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse with.
- to form or gather into a ball: When the spun sugar balls, the candy has cooked sufficiently.
- (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- ball the jack:
- to act with speed.
- to stake everything on one attempt.
- ball up, to make or become utterly confused;
muddle: The records had been all balled up by inefficient file clerks.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Hanghang (hang),USA pronunciation v., hung or (esp. for 4, 5, 20, 24) hanged;
- to fasten or attach (a thing) so that it is supported only from above or at a point near its own top;
- to attach or suspend so as to allow free movement: to hang a pendulum.
- to place in position or fasten so as to allow easy or ready movement.
- to put to death by suspending by the neck from a gallows, gibbet, yardarm, or the like.
- to suspend (oneself ) by the neck until dead: He hanged himself from a beam in the attic.
- to fasten to a cross;
- to furnish or decorate with something suspended: to hang a room with pictures.
- to fasten into position;
fix at a proper angle: to hang a scythe.
- to fasten or attach (wallpaper, pictures, etc.) to a wall: to hang pictures in a room.
- to suspend (something) in front of anything: to hang curtains on a window.
- to exhibit (a painting or group of paintings): The gallery hung his paintings in a small corner.
- to put the paintings of (an art exhibition) on the wall of a gallery: They hung the show that morning.
- to attach or annex as an addition: to hang a rider on a bill.
- to attach (a door or the like) to its frame by means of hinges.
- to make (an idea, form, etc.) dependent on a situation, structure, concept, or the like, usually derived from another source: He hung the meaning of his puns on the current political scene.
- (of a juror) to keep (a jury) from rendering a verdict by refusing to agree with the others.
- to cause (a nickname, epithet, etc.) to become associated with a person: Friends hung that nickname on him.
- to hit with (a fist, blow, punch, etc.): He hung a left on his opponent's jaw.
- [Baseball.]to throw (a pitch) so that it fails to break, as a curve.
- to steady (a boat) in one place against a wind or current by thrusting a pole or the like into the bottom under the boat and allowing the wind or current to push the boat side-on against the pole.
- (used in mild curses and emphatic expressions, often as a euphemism for damn): I'll be hanged if I do. Hang it all!
- to be suspended;
- to swing freely, as on a hinge.
- to incline downward, jut out, or lean over or forward: The tree hung over the edge of the lake.
- to be suspended by the neck, as from a gallows, and suffer death in this way.
- to be crucified.
- to be conditioned or contingent;
be dependent: His future hangs on the outcome of their discussion.
- to be doubtful or undecided;
waver or hesitate: He hung between staying and going.
- to remain unfinished or undecided;
be delayed: Let that matter hang until our next meeting.
- to linger, remain, or persist: He hung by her side, unwilling to leave.
- to float or hover in the air: Fog hung over the city.
- to be oppressive, burdensome, or tedious: guilt that hangs on one's conscience.
- to remain in attention or consideration (often fol. by on or upon): They hung on his every word.
- to fit or drape in graceful lines: That coat hangs well in back.
- to be exhibited: His works hang in most major museums.
- to have one's works on display: Rembrandt hangs in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- [Informal.]to hang out.
- hang a left (or right ),[Slang.]to make a left (or right) turn, as while driving an automobile: Hang a right at the next corner.
- hang around or about, [Informal.]
- to spend time in a certain place or in certain company: He hangs around with an older crowd.
- to linger about;
loiter: They had stopped working and were just hanging around to talk.
- hang back:
- to be reluctant to proceed or move forward: The older pupils went straight to the podium, but the younger ones hung back out of shyness.
- to refrain from taking action;
hesitate: A forward pass would have been the best call, but the quarterback hung back because his last pass had been intercepted.
- hang five, to ride a surfboard with the weight of the body forward and the toes of the forward foot curled over the front edge of the surfboard.
- hang in, [Slang.]to persevere: She has managed to hang in despite years of bad luck.Also, hang in there.
- hang in the balance, to be in a precarious state or condition: The wounded man's life hung in the balance.
- hang it up, [Informal.]to quit, resign, give up, etc.: The chief engineer is hanging it up after 40 years with the company.
- hang loose, [Slang.]to remain relaxed or calm: Try to hang loose and don't let it bother you.
- hang on:
- to hold fast;
- to continue with effort;
persevere: If you can hang on for a month longer, you will be eligible for the bonus.
- to be sustained to the point of danger, tedium, etc.: coughs that hang on for months.
- to keep a telephone line open: Hang on, I'll see if she's here.
- to wait briefly;
- hang one on, [Slang.]
- to hit: He hung one on the bully and knocked him down.
- to become extremely drunk: Every payday he hangs one on.
- hang one's head. See head (def. 44).
- hang out:
- to lean or be suspended through an opening.
- [Informal.]to frequent a particular place, esp. in idling away one's free time: to hang out in a bar.
- [Informal.]to loiter in public places: nothing to do on Saturday night but hang out.
- [Informal.]to consort or appear in public with: Who's she been hanging out with?
- [Slang.]to calm down: Hang out, Mom, I'm OK.
- to wait, esp. briefly: Hang out a minute while I get my backpack.
- to suspend in open view;
display: to hang out the flag.
- hang over:
- to remain to be settled;
be postponed: They will probably let the final decision hang over until next year.
- to be imminent or foreboding;
threaten: Economic ruin hangs over the town.
- hang ten, to ride a surfboard with the weight of the body as far forward as possible and the toes of both feet curled over the front edge of the surfboard.
- hang together:
- to be loyal to one another;
remain united: "We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately.''
- to cohere: This pancake batter doesn't hang together.
- to be logical or consistent: His version of the story does not hang together.
- hang tough, [Slang.]to remain unyielding, stubborn, or inflexible: He's hanging tough and won't change his mind.
- hang up:
- to suspend by placing on a hook, peg, or hanger.
- to cause or encounter delay;
suspend or slow the progress of: The accident hung up the traffic for several hours.
- to break a telephone connection by replacing the receiver on the hook: She received an anonymous call, but the party hung up when she threatened to call the police.
- to cause a hang-up or hang-ups in: The experience hung her up for years.
- let it all hang out, [Slang.]
- to be completely candid in expressing one's feelings, opinions, etc.: She's never been one to let it all hang out.
- to act or live without restraint or inhibitions.
- the way in which a thing hangs.
- the precise manner of doing, using, etc., something;
knack: to get the hang of a tool.
- meaning or thought: to get the hang of a subject.
- loss of way due to adverse wind or current.
- a rake, as of a mast.
- the least degree of care, concern, etc. (used in mild curses and emphatic expressions as a euphemism for damn): He doesn't give a hang about those things.
Fromfrom (frum, from; unstressed frəm),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to specify a starting point in spatial movement): a train running west from Chicago.
- (used to specify a starting point in an expression of limits): The number of stores will be increased from 25 to 30.
- (used to express removal or separation, as in space, time, or order): two miles from shore; 30 minutes from now; from one page to the next.
- (used to express discrimination or distinction): to be excluded from membership; to differ from one's father.
- (used to indicate source or origin): to come from the Midwest; to take a pencil from one's pocket.
- (used to indicate agent or instrumentality): death from starvation.
- (used to indicate cause or reason): From the evidence, he must be guilty.
Ceilingceil•ing (sē′ling),USA pronunciation n.
- the overhead interior surface of a room.
- the top limit imposed by law on the amount of money that can be charged or spent or the quantity of goods that can be produced or sold.
- the maximum altitude from which the earth can be seen on a particular day, usually equal to the distance between the earth and the base of the lowest cloud bank.
- Also called absolute ceiling. the maximum altitude at which a particular aircraft can operate under specified conditions.
- the height above ground level of the lowest layer of clouds that cover more than half of the sky.
- a lining applied for structural reasons to a framework, esp. in the interior surfaces of a ship or boat.
- Also called ceil′ing piece′. [Theat.]the ceiling or top of an interior set, made of cloth, a flat, or two or more flats hinged together.
- the act or work of a person who makes or finishes a ceiling.
- vaulting, as in a medieval church.
- hit the ceiling, [Informal.]to become enraged: When he saw the amount of the bill, he hit the ceiling.
Harold, born 1930, English playwright.
Hello folks, this image is about Decorative Balls To Hang From Ceiling #4 Pinterest. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 552 x 740. This photo's file size is only 60 KB. If You desired to download This image to Your PC, you have to Click here. You could too see more attachments by clicking the image below or see more at here: Decorative Balls To Hang From Ceiling.
the palette of basic shades dominates the color palette of Decorative Balls To Hang From Ceiling #4 Pinterest layout fashion like black, brown, grey, and white. Employ these colors for indoor components such as walls, floor, threshold, and booking a location to get a splash of bright shades of the area in furniture and accessories.
Floor with resources for example ceramics, lumber, pottery tile effectively joined within the contemporary type. Offer to collision area successfully and also finishing very like a rug for an additional feeling of luxury. This secret is most perfect for distancing between your diningroom along with the family-room which often appear next to eachother.
Utilize your imagination for a more innovative process habits and finishes to provide a elegance in the bedroom. Chances have exposed for the content used to accomplish out interiordesign stand is. The effect that's felt in contemporary interior-design is wrinkles that are minimum and environment " material that is less ".