Officeof•fice (ô′fis, of′is),USA pronunciation n.
- a room, set of rooms, or building where the business of a commercial or industrial organization or of a professional person is conducted: the main office of an insurance company; a doctor's office.
- a room assigned to a specific person or a group of persons in a commercial or industrial organization: Her office is next to mine.
- a business or professional organization: He went to work in an architect's office.
- the staff or designated part of a staff at a commercial or industrial organization: The whole office was at his wedding.
- a position of duty, trust, or authority, esp. in the government, a corporation, a society, or the like: She was elected twice to the office of president.
- employment or position as an official: to seek office.
- the duty, function, or part of a particular person or agency: to act in the office of adviser.
- (cap.) an operating agency or division of certain departments of the U.S. Government: Office of Community Services.
- (cap.) [Brit.]a major administrative unit or department of the national government: the Foreign Office.
- hint, signal, or warning;
- Often, offices. something, whether good or bad, done or said for or to another: He obtained a position through the offices of a friend.
- the prescribed order or form for a service of the church or for devotional use.
- the services so prescribed.
- Also called divine office. the prayers, readings from Scripture, and psalms that must be recited every day by all who are in major orders.
- a ceremony or rite, esp. for the dead.
- a service or task to be performed;
chore: little domestic offices.
- offices, [Chiefly Brit.]
- the parts of a house, as the kitchen, pantry, or laundry, devoted mainly to household work.
- the stables, barns, cowhouses, etc., of a farm.
- [Older Slang.]privy.
Mastermas•ter (mas′tər, mä′stər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person with the ability or power to use, control, or dispose of something: a master of six languages; to be master of one's fate.
- an owner of a slave, animal, etc.
- an employer of workers or servants.
- the male head of a household.
- a person eminently skilled in something, as an occupation, art, or science: the great masters of the Impressionist period.
- a person whose teachings others accept or follow: a Zen master.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a male teacher or schoolmaster.
- a worker qualified to teach apprentices and to carry on a trade independently.
- a title given to a bridge or chess player who has won or placed in a certain number of officially recognized tournaments.
- a person holding this title.
- a person who commands a merchant ship;
- a victor or conqueror.
- a presiding officer.
- an officer of the court to whom some or all of the issues in a case may be referred for the purpose of taking testimony and making a report to the court.
- the Master, Jesus Christ.
- a person who has been awarded a master's degree.
- a boy or young man (used chiefly as a term of address).
- Also called matrix. an original document, drawing, manuscript, etc., from which copies are made.
- a device for controlling another device operating in a similar way. Cf. slave (def. 5).
- matrix (def. 13).
- a tape or disk from which duplicates may be made.
- Also called copy negative. a film, usually a negative, used primarily for making large quantities of prints.
- See master of foxhounds.
- [Archaic.]a work of art produced by a master.
- being master;
- chief or principal: a master list.
- directing or controlling: a master switch.
- of or pertaining to a master from which copies are made: master film; master record; master tape.
- dominating or predominant: a master play.
- being a master of some occupation, art, etc.;
eminently skilled: a master diplomat; a master pianist.
- being a master carrying on one's trade independently, rather than a worker employed by another: a master plumber.
- characteristic of a master;
- to make oneself master of;
become an adept in: to master a language.
- to conquer or overcome: to master one's pride.
- to rule or direct as master: to master a crew.
- Recording. to produce a master tape, disk, or record of: The producer recorded, mixed, and mastered the new album.
YESyes (yes),USA pronunciation adv., n., pl. yes•es, v., yessed, yes•sing, interj.
- (used to express affirmation or assent or to mark the addition of something emphasizing and amplifying a previous statement): Do you want that? Yes, I do.
- (used to express an emphatic contradiction of a previously negative statement or command): Don't do that! Oh, yes I will!
- (used, usually interrogatively, to express hesitation, uncertainty, curiosity, etc.): "Yes?'' he said as he opened the door. That was a marvelous show! Yes?
- (used to express polite or minimal interest or attention.)
- an affirmative reply.
- to give an affirmative reply to;
give assent or approval to.
- (used as a strong expression of joy, pleasure, or approval.)
Seriesse•ries (sēr′ēz),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ries, adj.
- a group or a number of related or similar things, events, etc., arranged or occurring in temporal, spatial, or other order or succession;
- a number of games, contests, or sporting events, with the same participants, considered as a unit: The two baseball clubs played a five-game series.
- a set, as of coins or stamps.
- a set of successive volumes or issues of a periodical published in like form with similarity of subject or purpose.
- a daily or weekly program with the same cast and format and a continuing story, as a soap opera, situation comedy, or drama.
- a number of related programs having the same theme, cast, or format: a series of four programs on African wildlife.
- a sequence of terms combined by addition, as 1 + ½ + ¼ + &fracnumer;
- See infinite series.
- a succession of coordinate sentence elements.
- a division of stratified rocks that is of next higher rank to a stage and next lower rank to a system, comprising deposits formed during part of a geological epoch.
- an end-to-end arrangement of the components, as resistors, in a circuit so that the same current flows through each component. Cf. parallel (def. 13).
- a group of related chemical elements arranged in order of increasing atomic number: the lanthanide series.
- consisting of or having component parts connected in series: a series circuit; a series generator.
Meshmesh (mesh),USA pronunciation n.
- any knit, woven, or knotted fabric of open texture.
- an interwoven or intertwined structure;
- any arrangement of interlocking metal links or wires with evenly spaced, uniform small openings between, as used in jewelry or sieves.
- one of the open spaces between the cords or ropes of a net.
- the threads that bind such spaces.
- the means of catching or holding fast: to be caught in the meshes of the law.
- [Mach.]the engagement of gear teeth.
- a set of branches that forms a closed path in a network so that removal of a branch results in an open path.
- a designation of a given fineness of powder used in powder metallurgy in terms of the number of the finest screen through which almost all the particles will pass: This powder is 200 mesh.
- to catch or entangle in or as if in a net;
- to form with meshes, as a net.
- [Mach.]to engage, as gear teeth.
- to cause to match, coordinate, or interlock: They tried to mesh their vacation plans.
- to become enmeshed.
- [Mach.]to become or be engaged, as the teeth of one gear with those of another.
- to match, coordinate, or interlock: The two versions of the story don't mesh.
Backback1 (bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Howdy peoples, this picture is about Office Master YS70N YES Series Mesh Back Nesting Chair ( Office Master Yes Chair #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 486 x 596. It's file size is just 21 KB. Wether You want to download This photo to Your computer, you can Click here. You also too see more photos by clicking the picture below or see more at this post: Office Master Yes Chair.
After arrested by chaotic times, sipping dairy coffee with friends or family come together at home is really a great atmosphere plus a predicament, commit their free time. Instances heat, regain your time having a lot of memories of camaraderie and recover energy to struggle the strain of the work.
A Office Master Yes Chair may echo the personal style of decorating the household room. You could favor distinct modern coffee table on your home, if you're a person who has a modern home style. Contemporary coffee table displaying individual preference.
Modern coffee-table influences the decoration is luxurious and stylish to look at of the home. If you'd like to place a modern coffeetable in the living-room, it is healthier to know models and different variations of contemporary coffee table on the net.