French Antique Crystal Drops Palace Chandelier / RESTORED / Paris Apartment / Art Nouveau / Vintage (beautiful French Antique Chandeliers #7) Pictures Collection
FrenchFrench (french),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of France, its inhabitants, or their language, culture, etc.: French cooking.
- the people of France and their direct descendants.
- a Romance language spoken in France, parts of Belgium and Switzerland, and in areas colonized after 1500 by France. Abbr.: F
- (often l.c.) to prepare (food) according to a French method.
- (often l.c.) to cut (snap beans) into slivers or thin strips before cooking.
- (often l.c.) to trim the meat from the end of (a rib chop).
- (often l.c.) to prepare (meat) for cooking by slicing it into strips and pounding.
- to short-sheet (a bed).
- (often l.c.) Slang (vulgar). to give oral stimulation of the penis or vulva.
Antiquean•tique (an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
Crystalcrys•tal (kris′tl),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., -taled, -tal•ing or (esp. Brit.) -talled, -tal•ling.
- a clear, transparent mineral or glass resembling ice.
- the transparent form of crystallized quartz.
- a solid body having a characteristic internal structure and enclosed by symmetrically arranged plane surfaces, intersecting at definite and characteristic angles.
- anything made of or resembling such a substance.
- a single grain or mass of a crystalline substance.
- glass of fine quality and a high degree of brilliance.
- articles, esp. glassware for the table and ornamental objects, made of such a glass.
- the glass or plastic cover over the face of a watch.
- the piece of germanium, silicon, galena, or the like forming the essential part of a crystal detector.
- the crystal detector itself.
- a quartz crystal ground in the shape of a rectangular parallelepiped, which vibrates strongly at one frequency when electric voltages of that frequency are placed across opposite sides: used to control the frequency of an oscillator(crystal oscillator), as of a radio transmitter.
- [Slang.]any stimulant drug in powder form, as methamphetamine or PCP.
- composed of crystal.
- resembling crystal;
- pertaining to or employing a crystal detector.
- indicating the fifteenth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary. See table under wedding anniversary.
- to make into crystal;
- to cover or coat with, or as if with, crystal (usually fol. by over).
Dropsdrop (drop),USA pronunciation n., v., dropped or dropt, drop•ping.
- a small quantity of liquid that falls or is produced in a more or less spherical mass;
a liquid globule.
- the quantity of liquid contained in such a globule.
- a very small quantity of liquid: I'll have a little more tea, just a drop.
- a minute quantity of anything: not even a drop of mercy.
- Usually, drops.
- liquid medicine given in a dose or form of globules from a medicine dropper.
- a solution for dilating the pupils of the eyes, administered to the eyes in globules by a medicine dropper.
- a limited amount of an alcoholic beverage: He occasionally takes a drop after dinner.
- an act or instance of dropping;
- the distance or depth to which anything drops: a ten-foot drop to the ground.
- a steep slope: a short drop to the lake.
- a decline in amount, degree, quality, value, etc.: a drop in prices.
- a small, usually spherical, piece of candy;
lozenge: a lemon drop.
- a central depository where items are left or transmitted: a mail drop.
- a predesignated place where secret letters or packages can be left to be picked up by another person without attracting attention, as in espionage or drug dealing.
- something resembling or likened to a liquid globule, as certain ornaments, a spherical earring, etc.
- a pendant.
- a descent by parachute.
- an instance of dropping supplies by parachute or an amount of supplies so dropped.
- something that drops or is used for dropping.
- a group of persons dropped by parachute, as the personnel dropped by parachute during one military action.
- See drop curtain.
- See drop scene.
- See trap door.
- a gallows.
- a slit or opening into which something can be dropped, as in a mailbox.
- (in a casino) the income from the sale of chips.
- a small flag, usually of enameled metal, that gives a visual signal in an annunciator.
- an applied ornament resembling a pendant.
- gutta (def. 2).
- the vertical dimension amidships of any sail that is bent to a standing yard. Cf. hoist (def. 7a).
- Also called drop panel. (in reinforced-concrete-slab construction) a thickened portion of the ceiling around a column head.
- [Horol.]the free motion of an escape wheel between successive checks by the pallet.
- the newborn young of an animal.
- at the drop of a hat, at the slightest provocation or without delay: He's ready to fight at the drop of a hat.
- drop in the bucket. See bucket (def. 9).
- get or have the drop on:
- to aim and be ready to shoot a gun at an antagonist before the other person's gun can be drawn.
- to get or have at a disadvantage.
- to fall in globules or small portions, as water or other liquid: Rain drops from the clouds.
- to fall vertically;
have an abrupt descent.
- to sink or fall to the ground, floor, or bottom as if inanimate.
- to fall lower in condition, degree, value, etc.;
diminish or lessen;
sink: The prices dropped sharply.
- to come to an end;
lapse: There the matter dropped.
- to fall or move to a position that is lower, farther back, inferior, etc.: to drop back in line; to drop to the rear.
- to withdraw;
quit (often fol. by out or from): to drop out of a race; to drop from a game.
- to pass or enter without effort into some condition, activity, or the like: to drop into sleep; to drop into a habit.
- to make an unexpected or unannounced stop at a place;
pay an informal visit or call (usually fol. by in, by, or over): Since we're in the neighborhood, why don't we drop in at my brother's?
- to cease to appear or be seen;
vanish: to drop from sight or notice.
- to fall wounded, dead, etc.: A thousand men dropped in the battle.
- to squat or crouch, as a dog at the sight of game.
- to move gently, as with the tide or a light wind (usually fol. by down).
- to ingest an illicit drug orally;
- to let fall in drops or small portions: to drop lemon juice into tea.
- to let or cause to fall.
- to cause or allow to sink to a lower position.
- to cause to decrease in value, amount, quality, etc.;
- to utter or express casually or incidentally: to drop a hint.
- to write and send: Drop me a note.
- to bring to the ground by a blow or shot.
- to set down or unload, as from a ship, car, etc. (often fol. by off ): Drop me at the corner.
- to omit (a letter or syllable) in pronunciation or writing: He dropped his h's.
- to lower (the voice) in pitch or loudness.
- to cease to keep up or have to do with: I dropped the subject. Will you drop your old friends if you win the lottery?
- to cease to employ, admit as a member, or include, as on a list;
dismiss: to drop an accountant from the payroll; to drop three members of the club who have not paid their dues.
- to withdraw or cease to pursue: The police dropped the charges against the suspect.
- to throw, shoot, hit, kick, or roll (a ball, puck, etc.) through or into a basket, hole, or other goal: He dropped the ball through the basket for two points.
- to lose (a game or contest): They dropped two games in a row and were eliminated from the tournament.
- to drop-kick (a ball).
- to score with a drop kick.
- (of animals) to give birth to: The cat dropped a litter of six kittens.
- to parachute (persons, supplies, etc.): The Marines dropped 300 combat troops into the jungle battlefield.
- to lengthen by lowering or letting out: to drop the hem of a skirt.
- to lower (the wheels) into position for landing an airplane.
- to take (esp. an illicit drug) by swallowing;
ingest: to drop LSD.
- to pass out of sight of;
- [Cookery.]to poach (an egg).
- drop behind, to fall short of the required pace or progress: Her long illness caused her to drop behind the rest of the class.
- drop dead, (used as an expression of contempt, disgust, impatience, etc.): If that's the way you feel about it, drop dead!
- drop off:
- to fall asleep.
- to decrease;
decline: Sales have dropped off drastically.
- drop out:
- to withdraw from being a member or participant: to drop out of a club; to drop out of society and become a wanderer.
- to stop attending school or college.
Chandelierchan•de•lier (shan′dl ēr′),USA pronunciation n.
- a decorative, sometimes ornate, light fixture suspended from a ceiling, usually having branched supports for a number of lights.
ParisPar•is (par′is; for 2 also Fr. pa rē′),USA pronunciation n.
- Matthew. See Matthew of Paris.Ancient, Lutetia Parisiorum, Pa•ris•i•i (pə riz′ē ī′).USA pronunciation a city in and the capital of France and capital of Ville-de-Paris Department, in the N part, on the Seine. 2,317,227.
- a city in NE Texas. 25,498.
- a town in NW Tennessee. 10,728.
- Treaty of:
- a treaty signed in 1763 by France, Spain, and Great Britain that ended the Seven Years' War and the French and Indian War.
- a treaty signed in 1783 by the United States and Great Britain that ended the American Revolution.
- a treaty signed in 1898 by the United States and Spain that ended the Spanish-American War.
Par•is (par′is),USA pronunciation n. [Class. Myth.]
- a Trojan prince, son of Priam and Hecuba and brother of Cassandra, who awarded the apple of discord to Aphrodite and was by her help enabled to abduct Helen. Also called Alexander, Alexandros.
Apartmenta•part•ment (ə pärt′mənt),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or a group of related rooms, among similar sets in one building, designed for use as a dwelling.
- a building containing or made up of such rooms.
- any separated room or group of rooms in a house or other dwelling: We heard cries from an apartment at the back of the house.
- apartments, a set of rooms used as a dwelling by one person or one family.
Artart1 (ärt),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
- the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria;
works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
- a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
- the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
- any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.
- (in printed matter) illustrative or decorative material: Is there any art with the copy for this story?
- the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning: the art of baking; the art of selling.
- the craft or trade using these principles or methods.
- skill in conducting any human activity: a master at the art of conversation.
- a branch of learning or university study, esp. one of the fine arts or the humanities, as music, philosophy, or literature.
- (used with a sing. v.) the humanities: a college of arts and sciences.
- (used with a pl. v.) See liberal arts.
- skilled workmanship, execution, or agency, as distinguished from nature.
cunning: glib and devious art.
- studied action;
artificiality in behavior.
- an artifice or artful device: the innumerable arts and wiles of politics.
- [Archaic.]science, learning, or scholarship.
Nouveaunou•veau (no̅o̅′vō, no̅o̅ vō′),USA pronunciation adj.
- newly or recently created, developed, or come to prominence: The sudden success of the firm created several nouveau millionaires.
Hello peoples, this photo is about French Antique Crystal Drops Palace Chandelier / RESTORED / Paris Apartment / Art Nouveau / Vintage (beautiful French Antique Chandeliers #7). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 519 x 693. This image's file size is just 50 KB. If You decided to download It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also download more images by clicking the picture below or read more at this article: French Antique Chandeliers.
This stand includes natural or metallic color including grey, bright or black. Chairs are used also easy rather than excessive using the variety of 3 chairs. This stand is simply employed for eating and chatting as the measurement is not too large. Materials used ie steel or glass.
Tabletops also wider such that it can be utilized to put fruits, kitchen utensils such as spoons, dishes, etc. Chairs used to be lean having a spherical or rectangular feet are thin and tiny in order to steer clear of the effect of rigidity while in the home.
The French Antique Crystal Drops Palace Chandelier / RESTORED / Paris Apartment / Art Nouveau / Vintage (beautiful French Antique Chandeliers #7) suitable for natural type of home place. This natural stand has a square shape that's heavier than wood or MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) to be able to create a more natural impression. This stand includes natural hues like white and brown.