Shelfshelf (shelf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. shelves (shelvz).USA pronunciation
- a thin slab of wood, metal, etc., fixed horizontally to a wall or in a frame, for supporting objects.
- the contents of this: a shelf of books.
- a surface or projection resembling this;
- [Physical Geog.]
- a sandbank or submerged extent of rock in the sea or river.
- the bedrock underlying an alluvial deposit or the like.
- See continental shelf.
- [Archery.]the upper part of the bow hand, on which the arrow rests.
- off the shelf, readily available from merchandise in stock: Any of those parts can be purchased off the shelf.
- on the shelf, [Informal.]
- put aside temporarily;
- without prospects of marriage, as after having broken an engagement.
Oldold (ōld),USA pronunciation adj., old•er, old•est or eld•er, eld•est, n.
- far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
- of or pertaining to the latter part of the life or term of existence of a person or thing: old age.
- as if or appearing to be far advanced in years: Worry had made him old.
- having lived or existed for a specified time: a man 30 years old; a century-old organization.
- having lived or existed as specified with relation to younger or newer persons or things: Jim is our oldest boy.
- having been aged for a specified time: This whiskey is eight years old.
- having been aged for a comparatively long time: old brandy.
- long known or in use: the same old excuse.
- overfamiliar to the point of tedium: That joke gets old fast.
- belonging to the past: the good old days.
- having been in existence since the distant past: a fine old family.
- no longer in general use: This typewriter is an old model.
- acquired, made, or in use by one prior to the acquisition, making, or use of something more recent: When the new house was built, we sold the old one.
- of, pertaining to, or originating at an earlier period or date: old maps.
ancient: There may have been an old land bridge between Asia and Alaska.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its oldest known period, as attested by the earliest written records: Old Czech.
- experienced: He's an old hand at welding.
- of long standing;
having been such for a comparatively long time: an old and trusted employee.
- (of colors) dull, faded, or subdued: old rose.
- deteriorated through age or long use;
worn, decayed, or dilapidated: old clothes.
- [Physical Geog.](of landforms) far advanced in reduction by erosion or the like.
- sedate, sensible, mature, or wise: That child seems old beyond his years.
- (used to indicate affection, familiarity, disparagement, or a personalization): good old Bob; that dirty old jalopy.
- (used as an intensive) great;
uncommon: a high old time.
having been so formerly: a dinner for his old students.
- (used with a pl. v.) old persons collectively (usually prec. by the): appropriations to care for the old.
- a person or animal of a specified age or age group (used in combination): a class for six-year-olds; a horse race for three-year-olds.
- old or former time, often time long past: days of old.
Nearnear (nēr),USA pronunciation adv., -er, -est, adj., -er, -est, prep., v.
to a point or place not far away: Come near so I won't have to shout.
- at, within, or to a short distance.
- close in time: The New Year draws near.
- close in relation;
closely with respect to connection, similarity, intimacy, etc. (often used in combination): a near-standing position.
- all but;
nearly: a period of near 30 years.
- close to the wind.
- [Archaic.]in a thrifty or stingy manner.
- being close by;
not distant: the near fields.
- being the lesser in distance: the near side.
- short or direct: the near road.
- close in time: the near future.
- closely related or connected: our nearest relatives.
- close to an original: a near translation.
- closely affecting one's interests or feelings: a matter of near consequence to one.
- intimate or familiar: a near friend.
- narrow or close: a near escape.
- thrifty or stingy: near with one's pocketbook.
- (of two draft animals hitched together) being on the driver's left (as opposed to off): The near horse is going lame.
- near at hand:
- in the immediate vicinity: There is a shopping area near at hand.
- in the near future;
soon: The departure is near at hand.
- at, to, or within a short distance, or no great distance, from or of: regions near the equator.
- close to in time: near the beginning of the year.
- close to a condition or state: He is near death.
- to come or draw near;
approach: The boat neared the dock. Storm clouds neared.
Howdy , this photo is about Derbyshire-cottages.info #1 Shelf Moor Cottage, Old Glossop Near Buxton. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 531 x 398. It's file size is just 45 KB. Wether You ought to save This image to Your PC, you may Click here. You could also see more photos by clicking the following image or read more at here: Derbyshire Cottages.info.
Several Derbyshire Cottages.info made-of wood, a little different from the current coffee-table that's typically manufactured from light material for example stainless steel and metal or possibly a combination of hardwood. Modern coffeetable has many varieties, all the contemporary coffee-table does not have four thighs, a unique modern coffeetable is derived from a form that was unique.
Floors and materials' perfect blend, compelling you to make use of a modern coffee table as furniture inside family area minimalist or the family-room. Developed Derbyshire-cottages.info #1 Shelf Moor Cottage, Old Glossop Near Buxton with drawers for storage is made using a shelf under the table to save the TV rural, young kids games, journals or newspapers.
You can fit a contemporary coffee table facing the lounge or in a corner close to the window. It is possible to like a walk having a pal or family member studying the paper or while watching TV or commit your times to play chess with them.