Imageim•age (im′ij),USA pronunciation n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
- an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
- a mental representation;
- a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.
semblance: We are all created in God's image.
copy: That child is the image of his mother.
- a symbol;
- the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., esp. as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.
- a type;
embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.
- a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.
- a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor or a simile.
- an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.
- the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.
- [Archaic.]an illusion or apparition.
- to picture or represent in the mind;
- to make an image of;
portray in sculpture, painting, etc.
- to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- to reflect the likeness of;
- to set forth in speech or writing;
- to symbolize;
- to resemble.
- [Informal.]to create an image for (a company, public figure, etc.): The candidate had to be imaged before being put on the campaign trail.
- to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form, as changing digital data to pixels for display on a CRT or representing a medical scan of a body part in digital form.
Darkdark (därk),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v.
- having very little or no light: a dark room.
- radiating, admitting, or reflecting little light: a dark color.
- approaching black in hue: a dark brown.
- not pale or fair;
swarthy: a dark complexion.
dark-colored: dark eyebrows.
- having brunette hair: She's dark but her children are blond.
- (of coffee) containing only a small amount of milk or cream.
dismal: the dark days of World War II.
frowning: a dark expression.
wicked: a dark plot.
- destitute of knowledge or culture;
- hard to understand;
- (of a theater) offering no performances;
closed: The theaters in this town are dark on Sundays.
- (of an l- sound) having back-vowel resonance;
situated after a vowel in the same syllable. Cf. clear (def. 24a).
- (of a speech sound) of dull quality;
- keep dark, to keep as a secret;
conceal: They kept their political activities dark.
- the absence of light;
darkness: I can't see well in the dark.
nightfall: Please come home before dark.
- a dark place.
- a dark color.
- in the dark:
- in ignorance;
uninformed: He was in the dark about their plans for the evening.
- in secrecy;
- to make dark;
- [Obs.]to grow dark;
Colorcol•or (kul′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light;
saturation or chroma;
- the natural appearance of the skin, esp. of the face;
complexion: She has a lovely color.
- a ruddy complexion: The wind and sun had given color to the sailor's face.
- a blush: His remarks brought the color to her face.
- vivid or distinctive quality, as of a literary work: Melville's description of a whaling voyage is full of color.
- details in description, customs, speech, habits, etc., of a place or period: The novel takes place in New Orleans and contains much local color.
- something that is used for coloring;
- background information, as anecdotes about players or competitors or analyses of plays, strategy, or performance, given by a sportscaster to heighten interest in a sportscast.
- any distinctive color or combination or pattern of colors, esp. of a badge, ribbon, uniform, or the like, worn or displayed as a symbol of or to identify allegiance to, membership in, or sponsorship by a school, group, or organization.
- nature, viewpoint, or attitude;
personality: His behavior in a crisis revealed his true colors.
- a flag, ensign, etc., particularly the national flag.
- [U.S. Navy.]the ceremony of hoisting the national flag at 8 a.m. and of lowering it at sunset.
- skin complexion of a particular people or race, esp. when other than white: a man of color.
- outward appearance or aspect;
guise or show: It was a lie, but it had the color of the truth.
- a pretext: She did it under the color of doing a good deed.
- [Painting.]the general use or effect of the pigments in a picture.
- [Chiefly Law.]an apparent or prima facie right or ground: to hold possession under color of title.
- See tone color.
- a trace or particle of valuable mineral, esp. gold, as shown by washing auriferous gravel.
- any of the labels red, green, or blue that designate the three states in which quarks are expected to exist, or any of the corresponding labels for antiquark states. Cf. quantum chromodynamics, quark model.
- the amount of ink used.
- a tincture other than a fur or metal, usually including gules, azure, vert, sable, and purpure.
- call to the colors, to summon for service in the armed forces: Thousands are being called to the colors.
- change color:
- to blush as from embarrassment.
- to turn pale, as from fear: When he saw the size of his opponent, he changed color.
- with flying colors. See flying colors.
- involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.
- to give or apply color to;
dye: She colored her hair dark red.
- to cause to appear different from the reality: In order to influence the jury, he colored his account of what had happened.
- to give a special character or distinguishing quality to: His personal feelings color his writing.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] colour. col′or•er, n.
- to take on or change color: The ocean colored at dawn.
- to flush* blush: He colored when confronted with the incriminating evidence.
Faintingfaint (fānt),USA pronunciation adj.,
-er, -est, v., n.
- lacking brightness, vividness, clearness, loudness, strength, etc.: a faint light; a faint color; a faint sound.
- feeble or slight: faint resistance; faint praise; a faint resemblance.
- feeling weak, dizzy, or exhausted;
about to lose consciousness: faint with hunger.
- lacking courage;
timorous: Faint heart never won fair maid.
- unfounded: a faint action.
- to lose consciousness temporarily.
- to lose brightness.
- [Archaic.]to grow weak;
lose spirit or courage.
- a temporary loss of consciousness resulting from a decreased flow of blood to the brain;
a swoon: to fall into a faint.
Couchcouch (kouch or, for 6, 15, ko̅o̅ch),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of furniture for seating from two to four people, typically in the form of a bench with a back, sometimes having an armrest at one or each end, and partly or wholly upholstered and often fitted with springs, tailored cushions, skirts, etc.;
- a similar article of furniture, with a headrest at one end, on which some patients of psychiatrists or psychoanalysts lie while undergoing treatment.
- a bed or other place of rest;
any place used for repose.
- the lair of a wild beast.
- [Brewing.]the frame on which barley is spread to be malted.
- [Papermaking.]the board or felt blanket on which wet pulp is laid for drying into paper sheets.
- a primer coat or layer, as of paint.
- on the couch, [Informal.]undergoing psychiatric or psychoanalytic treatment.
- to arrange or frame (words, a sentence, etc.);
put into words;
express: a simple request couched in respectful language.
- to express indirectly or obscurely: the threat couched under his polite speech.
- to lower or bend down, as the head.
- to lower (a spear, lance, etc.) to a horizontal position, as for attack.
- to put or lay down, as for rest or sleep;
cause to lie down.
- to lay or spread flat.
- [Papermaking.]to transfer (a sheet of pulp) from the wire to the couch.
- to embroider by couching.
- [Archaic.]to hide;
- to lie at rest or asleep;
- to crouch;
- to lie in ambush or in hiding;
- to lie in a heap for decomposition or fermentation, as leaves.
Howdy peoples, this attachment is about Image Of: Dark Color Fainting Couch ( Antique Fainting Couch For Sale #6). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1568 x 773. It's file size is only 117 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your PC, you may Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the following picture or read more at here: Antique Fainting Couch For Sale.
Malaysia is the planetis greatest stick producer. Rattan unfold and mature in certain areas, such as Kalimantan, Sumatra, Sulawesi, Java Tenggara. Rattan content, the organic material to keep home furniture such as racks, tables, seats and partitions could be applied while in the use of place. Besides substance with a mix of bamboo cane is definitely an important element in residential structure bamboo's interior.
Check each connection Antique Fainting Couch For Sale cautiously whether there is cracked or a ruined. In addition to wooden furniture, rattan furniture even offers a weakness against termites that want to be given anti- pest finish. As well as furniture from natural rattan, there's also different alternative may be the artificial rattan furniture-made of polyethylene, features a lighter weight, have no link scarves and immune to mites.
The advent of artificial rattan furniture goods along with an extensive collection of furniture style course supplies the mobility to find the furniture that is perfect fills the interior place your home.