Checkcheck1 (chek),USA pronunciation v., n., pl. checks or, for 45, chex, adj., interj.
- to stop or arrest the motion of suddenly or forcibly: He checked the horse at the edge of the cliff.
- to restrain;
hold in restraint or control: They built a high wall to check the tides.
- to cause a reduction, as in rate or intensity;
diminish: The new measures checked the rapidity with which the epidemic was spreading.
- to investigate or verify as to correctness: She checked the copy against the original.
- to make an inquiry into, search through, etc.: We checked the files, but the letter was missing.
- to inspect or test the performance, condition, safety, etc., of (something): Check a used car thoroughly before buying it.
- to mark (something) so as to indicate examination, correctness, preference, etc. (often fol. by off): Please check the correct answer. They checked off the names of people they wanted to invite.
- to leave in temporary custody: Check your umbrellas at the door.
- to accept for temporary custody: We accept responsibility for any article we check here.
- to send (baggage) on a passenger's ticket, usually on the same carrier used by the passenger, for pickup at the destination: We checked two trunks through to Portland.
- to accept (baggage) for conveyance, and to convey, under the privilege of a passenger's ticket: Check this trunk to Portland.
- to mark with or in a pattern of squares: to check fabric.
- [Agric.]to plant in checkrows.
- [Chess.]to place (an opponent's king) under direct attack.
- [Ice Hockey.]to obstruct or impede the movement or progress of (an opponent). Cf. back-check, fore-check.
- to prove to be right;
correspond accurately: The reprint checks with the original, item for item.
- to make an inquiry, investigation, etc., as for verification (often fol. by up, into, etc.): He checked to make sure his answer was correct. Check into the matter.
- to make a sudden stop;
pause: The horse checked before he jumped.
- [Chess.]to make a move that puts the opponent's king under direct attack.
- to crack or split, usually in small checks: Painted surfaces may check with age.
- [Poker.]to decline to initiate the betting in a betting round, usually to force another player to make the first bet rather than raise it.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to stop, esp. because the line of scent has been lost.
- [Falconry.](of a hawk) to forsake the proper prey and follow baser game (fol. by at).
- check in, to register, as at a hotel;
indicate one's arrival or presence at a place, function, etc., usually by signing an appropriate form: We checked in at the reception desk.
- check on or up on, to investigate, scrutinize, or inspect: Don't forget to check on his work. We have to check up on him.
- check out:
- to vacate and pay for one's quarters at a hotel.
- to verify or become verified;
examine or investigate.
- to fulfill requirements, as by passing a test: The engine checked out and we proceeded on our way.
- to itemize, total the cost of, and collect payment for (a purchase): The supermarket cashier was exhausted from checking out groceries all day long.
- to have the cost added up and pay for merchandise.
- to borrow (an item) by having it listed as one's temporary responsibility: The adding machine was checked out in your name.
- [Informal.]to depart quickly or abruptly;
leave in a hurry.
- [Slang.]to die.
- check over, to examine or investigate, esp. thoroughly.
- check the helm, [Naut.]to alter the helm of a turning vessel to keep the bow from swinging too far or too rapidly.
- Also,[Brit.,] cheque. [Banking.]a written order, usually on a standard printed form, directing a bank to pay money.
- a slip or ticket showing the amount owed, esp. a bill for food or beverages consumed.
- a ticket or token that when matched with a counterpart identifies an article left in the temporary custody of another, the purchaser of a ticket, a person who is to be served next, etc.
- a criterion, standard, or means to insure against error, fraud, etc.: This handmade sample is a check that the machine-made samples have to match.
- an inquiry, search, or examination: We made a quick check but found nothing missing.
- Also called check mark. a mark, often indicated by (✓), as on a list, to indicate that something has been considered, acted upon, or approved.
- a person or thing that stops, limits, slows, or restrains: The increase of duty was an effective check on imports. He was a check on her enthusiasm.
- a sudden arrest or stoppage;
rebuff: Taxation caused a check in the accumulation of vast fortunes.
- a control, test, or inspection that ascertains performance or prevents error: They ran a check on the dependability of the automobile.
- a pattern formed of squares, as on a checkerboard.
- one of the squares in such a pattern.
- a fabric having a check pattern.
- [Chess.]the exposure of the king to direct attack: The king was in check.
- [Ice Hockey.]any of several maneuvers designed to obstruct or impede the forward progress of an opponent. Cf. board check, body check, cross-check (def. 5), hook check, poke check, sweep check.
- a counter used in card games, as the chip in poker.
- a small crack: There were several checks in the paint.
- an egg, designated for market, having a slightly cracked shell and an intact inner membrane.
- [Masonry.]a rabbet-shaped cutting on the edge of a stone, by which it is fitted to another stone.
- the losing of the scent by a dog or pack.
- (in fox hunting) a period in a hunt, following the losing of the scent by the hounds, during which the field rests quietly while the hounds cast to regain the scent.
- in check, under restraint: He held his anger in check.
- serving to check, control, verify, etc.: a check system.
- ornamented with a checkered pattern;
checkered: a check border.
- [Chess.](used as a call to warn one's opponent that his or her king is exposed to direct attack, having just one move in which to escape or parry.)
- [Informal.]all right! agreed!
Linedline1 (līn),USA pronunciation n., v., lined, lin•ing.
- a mark or stroke long in proportion to its breadth, made with a pen, pencil, tool, etc., on a surface: a line down the middle of the page.
- a continuous extent of length, straight or curved, without breadth or thickness;
the trace of a moving point.
- something arranged along a line, esp. a straight line;
a row or series: a line of trees.
- a number of persons standing one behind the other and waiting their turns at or for something;
- something resembling a traced line, as a band of color, a seam, or a furrow: lines of stratification in rock.
- a furrow or wrinkle on the face, neck, etc.: lines around the eyes.
- an indication of demarcation;
limit: the county line; a fine line between right and wrong.
- a row of written or printed letters, words, etc.: a page of 30 lines.
- a verse of poetry: A line in iambic pentameter contains five feet.
- Usually, lines. the words of an actor's part in a drama, musical comedy, etc.: to rehearse one's lines.
- a short written message: Drop me a line when you're on vacation.
- a system of public conveyances, as buses or trains, plying regularly over a fixed route: the northbound line at State Street.
- a transportation or conveyance company: a steamship line.
- a course of direction;
route: the line of march down Main Street.
- a course of action, procedure, thought, policy, etc.: That newspaper follows the communist line.
- a piece of pertinent or useful information (usually fol. by on): I've got a line on a good used car.
- a series of generations of persons, animals, or plants descended from a common ancestor: a line of kings.
- a department of activity;
occupation or business: What line are you in?
- a mode of conversation, esp. one that is glib or exaggerated in order to impress or influence another person: He really handed her a line about his rich relatives.
- a straight line drawn from an observed object to the fovea of the eye.
- the outer form or proportions of a ship, building, etc.: a ship of fine lines.
- a general form, as of an event or something that is made, which may be the basis of comparison, imitation, etc.: two books written along the same lines.
- a person's lot or portion: to endure the hard lines of poverty.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a certificate of marriage.
- a circle of the terrestrial or celestial sphere: the equinoctial line.
- banner (def. 7).
- a mark made by a pencil, brush, or the like, that defines the contour of a shape, forms hatching, etc.
- the edge of a shape.
- [Television.]one scanning line.
- a telephone connection: Please hold the line.
- a wire circuit connecting two or more pieces of electric apparatus, esp. the wire or wires connecting points or stations in a telegraph or telephone system, or the system itself.
- the line, the equator.
- a stock of commercial goods of the same general class but having a range of styles, sizes, prices, or quality: the company's line of shoes.
- an assembly line.
- a limit defining one estate from another;
the outline or boundary of a piece of real estate.
- [Bridge.]a line on a score sheet that separates points scored toward game(below the line) from points scored by setting a contract, having honors, etc.(above the line).
- [Music.]any of the straight, horizontal, parallel strokes of the staff, or one placed above or below the staff.
- a defensive position or front.
- a series of fortifications: the Maginot line.
- Usually, lines. a distribution of troops, sentries, etc., for the defense of a position or for an attack: behind the enemy's lines.
- the body of personnel constituting the combatant forces of an army, as distinguished from the supply services and staff corps.
- an arrangement of troops of an army or of ships of a fleet as drawn up for battle: line of battle.
- a body or formation of troops or ships drawn up abreast (distinguished from column).
- the class of officers serving with combatant units or warships.
- the regular forces of an army or navy.
- that part of an administrative organization consisting of persons actively engaged on a given project. Cf. staff1 (def. 4).
- a thread, string, cord, rope, or the like.
- a clothesline: the wash hanging on the line.
- a cord, wire, or the like, used for measuring or as a guide.
- a pipe or hose: a steam line.
- a rope or cable used at sea.
- a small quantity of cocaine arranged in the form of a slender thread or line, as for sniffing.
- Also, ligne. a unit, &fracnumer;
inch (0.635 millimeter), for measuring the diameter of buttons.
- [Angling.]a length of nylon, silk, linen, cord, or the like, to which are attached the leader, hook, sinker, float, etc.
- either of the two front rows of opposing players lined up opposite each other on the line of scrimmage: a four-man line.
- See line of scrimmage.
- the betting odds established by bookmakers for events not covered by pari-mutuel betting, esp. sporting events, as football or basketball.
- [Ice Hockey.]the two wings and center who make up a team's offensive unit.
- [Fencing.]any of the four divisions of the portion of a fencer's body on which a touch can be scored, taken as an area of attack or defense.
- the longer and preferred flax or hemp fibers. Cf. tow2 (def. 2).
- [Fox Hunting.]the trail of scent left by a fox.
- a unit of length equivalent to &fracnumer;
inch (2.12 millimeters).
- a class or type of insurance: casualty line.
- the amount of insurance written for a particular risk.
- [Australian Slang.]a girl or woman.
- bring, come, or get into line:
- to become or cause to become straight, as in a row: The members of the marching band got into line.
- to conform or cause to conform or agree: They were persuaded to come into line with the party's policy.
- down the line:
- in all ways;
fully: It's a fine house right down the line—well-built, roomy, attractive.
- in the future.
- draw the line, to impose a restriction;
limit: They might exaggerate but would draw the line at outright lying.
- go up in one's lines, [U.S.]Theat. to forget one's part during a performance. Also,[Brit.,] go up on one's lines.
- hold the line, to maintain the status quo, esp. in order to forestall unfavorable developments: We're trying to hold the line on prices.
- in line:
- in alignment;
- in conformity or agreement.
- in control (of one's conduct): to keep one's temper in line.
- waiting one behind the other in a queue: There were eight people in line at the teller's window.
- in line with, in agreement or conformity with: The action taken was in line with her decision.
- in the line of duty, in the execution of the duties belonging to some occupation, esp. with regard to the responsibility for life and death: a policeman wounded in the line of duty.Also, in line of duty.
- lay it on the line:
- to give money;
- to give the required information;
speak directly or frankly: I'm going to stop being polite and lay it on the line.
- off line:
- occurring or functioning away from an assembly line, work process, etc.
- not in operation;
- on a line, [Baseball.](of a batted or thrown ball) through the air in an approximately straight line from the point of impact or delivery: hit on a line between third and short; thrown in on a line from the center fielder.
- on line:
- on or part of an assembly line: Production will be improved when the new welding equipment is on line.
- in or into operation: The manufacturing facilities will be on line before November.
- [Computers.]actively linked to a computer: The printer is not yet on line.
- [Chiefly New York City.]See line 1 (def. 60e).
- on the line:
- being risked or put in jeopardy;
in a vulnerable position: Our prestige and honor are on the line.
readily: paid cash on the line.
- out of line:
- not in a straight line.
- in disagreement with what is accepted or practiced.
presumptuous: That last remark was out of line.
- read between the lines, to understand the unexpressed but implied meaning of something said or written: Her letter sounded cheerful enough, but I read a certain sadness between the lines.
- toe the line or mark:
- to conform strictly to a rule, command, etc.
- to shoulder responsibilities;
do one's duty: He tried hard to toe the line on the new job.
- to take a position in a line;
range (often fol. by up): to line up before the start of a parade.
- to hit a line drive.
- to line out.
lin′a•ble, line′a•ble, adj.
- to bring into a line, or into line with others (often fol. by up): to line up troops.
- to mark with a line or lines: to line paper for writing.
- to sketch verbally or in writing;
outline (often fol. by out): We followed the plan he had lined out.
- to arrange a line along: to line a coast with colonies.
- to form a line along: Rocks lined the drive.
- to apply liner to (the eyes).
- to delineate with or as if with lines;
draw: to line the silhouette of a person's head.
- [Archaic.]to measure or test with a line.
- line out:
- [Baseball.]to be put out by hitting a line drive caught on the fly by a player of the opposing team.
- to execute or perform: He lined out a few songs upon request.
- line up, to secure;
make available: to line up support; to line up a speaker for the banquet.
Curtainscur•tain (kûr′tn),USA pronunciation n.
- a hanging piece of fabric used to shut out the light from a window, adorn a room, increase privacy, etc.
- a movable or folding screen used for similar purposes.
- [Chiefly New Eng.]a window shade.
- a set of hanging drapery for concealing all or part of the stage or set from the view of the audience.
- the act or time of raising or opening a curtain at the start of a performance: an 8:30 curtain.
- the end of a scene or act indicated by the closing or falling of a curtain: first-act curtain.
- an effect, line, or plot solution at the conclusion of a performance: a strong curtain; weak curtain.
- music signaling the end of a radio or television performance.
- (used as a direction in a script of a play to indicate that a scene or act is concluded.)
- anything that shuts off, covers, or conceals: a curtain of artillery fire.
- a relatively flat or featureless extent of wall between two pavilions or the like.
- [Fort.]the part of a wall or rampart connecting two bastions, towers, or the like.
- curtains, the end;
death, esp. by violence: It looked like curtains for another mobster.
- draw the curtain on or over:
- to bring to a close: to draw the curtain on a long career of public service.
- to keep secret.
- lift the curtain on:
- to commence;
- to make known or public;
disclose: to lift the curtain on a new scientific discovery.
- to provide, shut off, conceal, or adorn with, or as if with, a curtain.
Hi there, this photo is about Hudson Check Lined Eyelet Curtains ( Green Check Curtains #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 455 x 572. This picture's file size is just 59 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You may too see more images by clicking the picture below or read more at this article: Green Check Curtains.
Blinds are among the important elements in a space. Green Check Curtains able to dam the daylight is also vivid around the other hand is also able to protect the main space whilst not obvious from the outside and around the outside. Until a space is barely that had a window with no curtains so great blackout purpose.
Drapes than helpful in terms of function, can also be addressed as a part of decor that may enhance the space. These things might be combined with the design of the room as well as forms and models of windows in order present another bedroom decor and ahead together.
That is why, before selecting curtains for your areas inside your home, these more detailed elaboration tips about just how to select the Hudson Check Lined Eyelet Curtains ( Green Check Curtains #2). Often we put drapes at home up and noticed the layer is too modest or too big to your screen. This expertise surely don't want you back, so start to measure the measurement of your place screen just before buy blinds. Gauge the screen possibly the length or width of the window itself.
To create a unified combination of decoration of the space through the choice of suitable blinds, we must be watchful in the mixture and match of colors, models, in addition to the curtain materials with the idea of place and also the size and shape of the screen itself. Not just that, the selection blackout also needs to be adapted to paint the surfaces as though the blinds have a colour that is not in harmony using the coloring of the color, the effect will appear odd and the contrast is not it?
The versions blinds holding down may be the most appropriate, if the curtains will soon be used for rooms. As the family area or bathroom, the Hudson Check Lined Eyelet Curtains ( Green Check Curtains #2) are sized bear could be the best suited for.
Not only this, where the window is found, we truly need and also to gauge width and the length of the wall. This is to find out whether you will want type of large drapes holding down to feel modest drapes that have a size bear or a floor. Curtains size was needless to say modified for the functionality place where the drapes will soon be inserted along with changing how big the walls along with the windows.