Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Buildbuild (bild),USA pronunciation v., built or (Archaic) build•ed;
- to construct (esp. something complex) by assembling and joining parts or materials: to build a house.
- to establish, increase, or strengthen (often fol. by up): to build a business; to build up one's hopes.
- to mold, form, or create: to build boys into men.
- to base;
found: a relationship built on trust.
- to make (words) from letters.
- to assemble (cards) according to number, suit, etc., as in melding.
- to engage in the art, practice, or business of building.
- to form or construct a plan, system of thought, etc. (usually fol. by on or upon): He built on the philosophies of the past.
- to increase or develop toward a maximum, as of intensity, tempo, or magnitude (often fol. by up): The drama builds steadily toward a climax.
- build in or into, to build or incorporate as part of something else: to build in bookcases between the windows; an allowance for travel expenses built into the budget.
- build up:
- to develop or increase: to build up a bank account.
- to strengthen.
- to prepare in stages.
- to fill in with houses;
develop into an urban area.
- to praise or flatter.
- the physical structure, esp. of a person;
figure: He had a strong build.
- the manner or form of construction: The house was of modern build.
- a vertical joint.
- the vertical dimension of a stone laid on its bed.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Drawersdraw•er (drôr for 1, 2; drô′ər for 3–6),USA pronunciation n.
- a sliding, lidless, horizontal compartment, as in a piece of furniture, that may be drawn out in order to gain access to it.
- drawers, (used with a pl. v.) an undergarment, with legs, that covers the lower part of the body.
- a person or thing that draws.
- [Finance.]a person who draws an order, draft, or bill of exchange.
- a person who operates a drawbench.
- a tapster.
Picturespic•ture (pik′chər),USA pronunciation n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc.: I carry a picture of my grandchild in my wallet.
- any visible image, however produced: pictures reflected in a pool of water.
- a mental image: a clear picture of how he had looked that day.
- a particular image or reality as portrayed in an account or description;
- a tableau, as in theatrical representation.
- See motion picture.
- pictures, Informal (older use). movies.
- a person, thing, group, or scene regarded as resembling a work of pictorial art in beauty, fineness of appearance, etc.: She was a picture in her new blue dress.
- the image or perfect likeness of someone else: He is the picture of his father.
- a visible or concrete embodiment of some quality or condition: the picture of health.
- a situation or set of circumstances: the economic picture.
- the image on a computer monitor, the viewing screen of a television set, or a motion-picture screen.
- to represent in a picture or pictorially, as by painting or drawing.
- to form a mental picture of;
imagine: He couldn't picture himself doing such a thing.
- to depict in words;
describe graphically: He pictured Rome so vividly that you half-believed you were there.
- to present or create as a setting;
portray: His book pictured the world of the future.
Gallerygal•ler•y (gal′ə rē, gal′rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ler•ies.
- a raised area, often having a stepped or sloping floor, in a theater, church, or other public building to accommodate spectators, exhibits, etc.
- the uppermost of such areas in a theater, usually containing the cheapest seats.
- the occupants of such an area in a theater.
- the general public, esp. when regarded as having popular or uncultivated tastes.
- any group of spectators or observers, as at a golf match, a Congressional session, etc.
- a room, series of rooms, or building devoted to the exhibition and often the sale of works of art.
- a long covered area, narrow and open at one or both sides, used esp. as a walk or corridor.
- [Chiefly South Atlantic States.]a long porch or portico;
- a long, relatively narrow room, esp. one for public use.
- a corridor, esp. one having architectural importance through its scale or decorative treatment.
- a raised, balconylike platform or passageway running along the exterior wall of a building inside or outside.
- a large room or building used for photography, target practice, or other special purposes: a shooting gallery.
- a collection of art for exhibition.
- [Theat.]a narrow, raised platform located beyond the acting area, used by stagehands or technicians to stand on when working.
- a projecting balcony or structure on the quarter or stern of a vessel.
- an ornamental railing or cresting surrounding the top of a table, stand, desk, etc.
- a level or drift.
- a small tunnel in a dam, mine, or rock, for various purposes, as inspection or drainage.
- a passageway made by an animal.
- [Fort. Obs.]an underground or covered passage to another part of a fortified position.
- play to the gallery, to attempt to appeal to the popular taste, as opposed to a more refined or esoteric taste: Movies, though still playing mainly to the gallery, have taken their place as a significant art form.
Checkcheck1 (chek),USA pronunciation v., n., pl. checks or, for 45, chex, adj., interj.
- to stop or arrest the motion of suddenly or forcibly: He checked the horse at the edge of the cliff.
- to restrain;
hold in restraint or control: They built a high wall to check the tides.
- to cause a reduction, as in rate or intensity;
diminish: The new measures checked the rapidity with which the epidemic was spreading.
- to investigate or verify as to correctness: She checked the copy against the original.
- to make an inquiry into, search through, etc.: We checked the files, but the letter was missing.
- to inspect or test the performance, condition, safety, etc., of (something): Check a used car thoroughly before buying it.
- to mark (something) so as to indicate examination, correctness, preference, etc. (often fol. by off): Please check the correct answer. They checked off the names of people they wanted to invite.
- to leave in temporary custody: Check your umbrellas at the door.
- to accept for temporary custody: We accept responsibility for any article we check here.
- to send (baggage) on a passenger's ticket, usually on the same carrier used by the passenger, for pickup at the destination: We checked two trunks through to Portland.
- to accept (baggage) for conveyance, and to convey, under the privilege of a passenger's ticket: Check this trunk to Portland.
- to mark with or in a pattern of squares: to check fabric.
- [Agric.]to plant in checkrows.
- [Chess.]to place (an opponent's king) under direct attack.
- [Ice Hockey.]to obstruct or impede the movement or progress of (an opponent). Cf. back-check, fore-check.
- to prove to be right;
correspond accurately: The reprint checks with the original, item for item.
- to make an inquiry, investigation, etc., as for verification (often fol. by up, into, etc.): He checked to make sure his answer was correct. Check into the matter.
- to make a sudden stop;
pause: The horse checked before he jumped.
- [Chess.]to make a move that puts the opponent's king under direct attack.
- to crack or split, usually in small checks: Painted surfaces may check with age.
- [Poker.]to decline to initiate the betting in a betting round, usually to force another player to make the first bet rather than raise it.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to stop, esp. because the line of scent has been lost.
- [Falconry.](of a hawk) to forsake the proper prey and follow baser game (fol. by at).
- check in, to register, as at a hotel;
indicate one's arrival or presence at a place, function, etc., usually by signing an appropriate form: We checked in at the reception desk.
- check on or up on, to investigate, scrutinize, or inspect: Don't forget to check on his work. We have to check up on him.
- check out:
- to vacate and pay for one's quarters at a hotel.
- to verify or become verified;
examine or investigate.
- to fulfill requirements, as by passing a test: The engine checked out and we proceeded on our way.
- to itemize, total the cost of, and collect payment for (a purchase): The supermarket cashier was exhausted from checking out groceries all day long.
- to have the cost added up and pay for merchandise.
- to borrow (an item) by having it listed as one's temporary responsibility: The adding machine was checked out in your name.
- [Informal.]to depart quickly or abruptly;
leave in a hurry.
- [Slang.]to die.
- check over, to examine or investigate, esp. thoroughly.
- check the helm, [Naut.]to alter the helm of a turning vessel to keep the bow from swinging too far or too rapidly.
- Also,[Brit.,] cheque. [Banking.]a written order, usually on a standard printed form, directing a bank to pay money.
- a slip or ticket showing the amount owed, esp. a bill for food or beverages consumed.
- a ticket or token that when matched with a counterpart identifies an article left in the temporary custody of another, the purchaser of a ticket, a person who is to be served next, etc.
- a criterion, standard, or means to insure against error, fraud, etc.: This handmade sample is a check that the machine-made samples have to match.
- an inquiry, search, or examination: We made a quick check but found nothing missing.
- Also called check mark. a mark, often indicated by (✓), as on a list, to indicate that something has been considered, acted upon, or approved.
- a person or thing that stops, limits, slows, or restrains: The increase of duty was an effective check on imports. He was a check on her enthusiasm.
- a sudden arrest or stoppage;
rebuff: Taxation caused a check in the accumulation of vast fortunes.
- a control, test, or inspection that ascertains performance or prevents error: They ran a check on the dependability of the automobile.
- a pattern formed of squares, as on a checkerboard.
- one of the squares in such a pattern.
- a fabric having a check pattern.
- [Chess.]the exposure of the king to direct attack: The king was in check.
- [Ice Hockey.]any of several maneuvers designed to obstruct or impede the forward progress of an opponent. Cf. board check, body check, cross-check (def. 5), hook check, poke check, sweep check.
- a counter used in card games, as the chip in poker.
- a small crack: There were several checks in the paint.
- an egg, designated for market, having a slightly cracked shell and an intact inner membrane.
- [Masonry.]a rabbet-shaped cutting on the edge of a stone, by which it is fitted to another stone.
- the losing of the scent by a dog or pack.
- (in fox hunting) a period in a hunt, following the losing of the scent by the hounds, during which the field rests quietly while the hounds cast to regain the scent.
- in check, under restraint: He held his anger in check.
- serving to check, control, verify, etc.: a check system.
- ornamented with a checkered pattern;
checkered: a check border.
- [Chess.](used as a call to warn one's opponent that his or her king is exposed to direct attack, having just one move in which to escape or parry.)
- [Informal.]all right! agreed!
Outout (out),USA pronunciation adv.
- away from, or not in, the normal or usual place, position, state, etc.: out of alphabetical order; to go out to dinner.
- away from one's home, country, work, etc., as specified: to go out of town.
- in or into the outdoors: to go out for a walk.
- to a state of exhaustion, extinction, or depletion: to pump a well out.
- to the end or conclusion;
to a final decision or resolution: to say it all out.
- to a point or state of extinction, nonexistence, etc.: to blow out the candle; a practice on the way out.
- in or into a state of neglect, disuse, etc.;
not in current vogue or fashion: That style has gone out.
- so as not to be in the normal or proper position or state;
out of joint: His back went out after his fall.
- in or into public notice or knowledge: The truth is out at last.
- seeking openly and energetically to do or have: to be out for a good time.
- not in present possession or use, as on loan: The librarian said that the book was still out.
- on strike: The miners go out at midnight.
- so as to project or extend: to stretch out; stick your tongue out.
- in or into activity, existence, or outward manifestation: A rash came out on her arm.
- from a specified source or material: made out of scraps.
- from a state of composure, satisfaction, or harmony: to be put out over trifles.
- in or into a state of confusion, vexation, dispute, variance, or unfriendliness: to fall out about trifles.
- so as to deprive or be deprived: to be cheated out of one's money.
- so as to use the last part of: to run out of gas.
- from a number, stock, or store: to point out the errors.
- aloud or loudly: to cry out.
- with completeness or effectiveness: to fill out.
entirely: The children tired me out.
- so as to obliterate or make undecipherable: to cross out a misspelling; to ink out.
- all out, with maximum effort;
thoroughly or wholeheartedly: They went all out to finish by Friday.
- out and away, to a surpassing extent;
far and away;
by far: It was out and away the best apple pie she had ever eaten.
- out for, aggressively determined to acquire, achieve, etc.: He's out for all the money he can get.
- out from under, out of a difficult situation, esp. of debts or other obligations: The work piled up while I was away and I don't know how I'll ever get out from under.
- out of:
- not within: out of the house.
- beyond the reach of: The boat's passengers had sailed out of hearing.
- not in a condition of: out of danger.
- so as to deprive or be deprived of.
- from within or among: Take the jokers out of the pack.
- because of;
owing to: out of loyalty.
- foaled by (a dam): Grey Dancer out of Lady Grey.
- out of it, [Informal.]
- not part of or acceptable within an activity, social group, or fashion: She felt out of it because none of her friends were at the party.
- not conscious;
drunk or heavily drugged.
- not alert or clearheaded;
- eliminated from contention: If our team loses two more games, we'll be out of it.
- out of sight. See sight (def. 19).
- out of trim, (of a ship) drawing excessively at the bow or stern.
- not at one's home or place of employment;
absent: I stopped by to visit you last night, but you were out.
- not open to consideration;
out of the question: I wanted to go by plane, but all the flights are booked, so that's out.
without: We had some but now we're out.
- removed from or not in effective operation, play, a turn at bat, or the like, as in a game: He's out for the season because of an injury.
- no longer having or holding a job, public office, etc.;
disengaged (usually fol. by of ): to be out of work.
extinguished: The elevator is out. Are the lights out?
ended: before the week is out.
- not currently stylish, fashionable, or in vogue: Fitted waistlines are out this season.
senseless: Two drinks and he's usually out.
- not in power, authority, or the like: a member of the out party.
- (of a batter) not succeeding in getting on base: He was out at first on an attempted bunt.
- (of a base runner) not successful in an attempt to advance a base or bases: He was out in attempting to steal second base.
- beyond fixed or regular limits;
out of bounds: The ball was out.
- having a pecuniary loss or expense to an indicated extent: The company will be out millions of dollars if the new factory doesn't open on schedule.
- incorrect or inaccurate: His calculations are out.
- not in practice;
unskillful from lack of practice: Your bow hand is out.
- beyond the usual range, size, weight, etc. (often used in combination): an outsize bed.
made bare, as by holes in one's clothing: out at the knees.
- at variance;
unfriendly: They are out with each other.
- moving or directed outward;
outgoing: the out train.
- not available, plentiful, etc.: Mums are out till next fall.
- located at a distance;
outlying: We sailed to six of the out islands.
- [Cricket.]not having its innings: the out side.
- of or pertaining to the playing of the first nine holes of an 18-hole golf course (opposed to in): His out score on the second round was 33.
- (used to indicate movement or direction from the inside to the outside of something): He looked out the window. She ran out the door.
- (used to indicate location): The car is parked out back.
- (used to indicate movement away from a central point): Let's drive out the old parkway.
- begone! away!
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has finished the message and is not expecting or prepared to receive a reply.) Cf. over (def. 61).
- [Archaic.](an exclamation of abhorrence, indignation, reproach, or grief (usually fol. by upon): Out upon you!
- a means of escape or excuse, as from a place, punishment, retribution, responsibility, etc.: He always left himself an out.
- a person who lacks status, power, or authority, esp. in relation to a particular group or situation.
- Usually, outs. persons not in office or political power (distinguished from ins).
- [Baseball.]a put-out.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that does not land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to in).
- something that is out, as a projecting corner.
- the omission of a word or words.
- the word or words omitted.
- [Northern Brit. Dial.]an outing.
- be on the or at outs with, to be estranged from (another person);
be unfriendly or on bad terms with: He is on the outs with his brother.
- to go or come out.
- to become public, evident, known, etc.: The truth will out.
- to make known;
utter (fol. by with): Out with the truth!
- to eject or expel;
- to intentionally expose (a secret homosexual, esp. a public figure).
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Plansplan (plan),USA pronunciation n., v., planned, plan•ning.
- a scheme or method of acting, doing, proceeding, making, etc., developed in advance: battle plans.
- a design or scheme of arrangement: an elaborate plan for seating guests.
- a specific project or definite purpose: plans for the future.
- Also called plan view. a drawing made to scale to represent the top view or a horizontal section of a structure or a machine, as a floor layout of a building.
- a representation of a thing drawn on a plane, as a map or diagram: a plan of the dock area.
- (in perspective drawing) one of several planes in front of a represented object, and perpendicular to the line between the object and the eye.
- a formal program for specified benefits, needs, etc.: a pension plan.
- to arrange a method or scheme beforehand for (any work, enterprise, or proceeding): to plan a new recreation center.
- to make plans for: to plan one's vacation.
- to draw or make a diagram or layout of, as a building.
- to make plans: to plan ahead; to plan for one's retirement.
Hello peoples, this image is about How To Build A Desk With Drawers Pictures Gallery #9 Check Out The Plans. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 1094 x 744. This photo's file size is just 54 KB. If You want to save It to Your computer, you should Click here. You could also see more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at here: How To Build A Desk With Drawers.
This table is sold with metallic or natural shade for example grey, white or dark. Chairs are used also simple rather than too much with 3 seats' variety. As the dimension is not too large, this table is just employed for chatting and eating. Resources used ie steel.
The How To Build A Desk With Drawers Pictures Gallery #9 Check Out The Plans ideal for natural sort of kitchen place. This natural table includes a square-shape that's heavier than timber or MDF (Medium-Density Fiberboard) as a way to produce a more natural effect. This desk includes natural hues like brown and bright.
Tabletops broader so that it can be used to place fruits, kitchen items for example spoons, plates, etc. Chairs used to be slim with a spherical or square legs are slender and tiny to be able to avoid the impact of tightness inside the home.