Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Correctioncor•rec•tion (kə rek′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- something that is substituted or proposed for what is wrong or inaccurate;
- the act of correcting.
- punishment intended to reform, improve, or rehabilitate;
- Usually, corrections. the various methods, as incarceration, parole, and probation, by which society deals with convicted offenders.
- a quantity applied or other adjustment made in order to increase accuracy, as in the use of an instrument or the solution of a problem: A five degree correction will put the ship on course.
- a reversal of the trend of stock prices, esp. temporarily, as after a sharp advance or decline in the previous trading sessions.
Visitingvis•it (viz′it),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to go to and stay with (a person or family) or at (a place) for a short time for reasons of sociability, politeness, business, curiosity, etc.: to visit a friend; to visit clients; to visit Paris.
- to stay with as a guest.
- to come or go to: to visit a church for prayer.
- to go to for the purpose of official inspection or examination: a general visiting his troops.
- to come to in order to comfort or aid: to visit the sick.
- to come upon;
afflict: The plague visited London in 1665.
- to cause trouble, suffering, etc., to come to: to visit him with sorrows.
- to access, as a Web site.
- to inflict, as punishment, vengeance, etc. (often fol. by on or upon).
- to make a visit.
- to talk or chat casually: to visit on the phone with a friend.
- to inflict punishment.
- the act of or an instance of visiting: a nice, long visit.
- a chat or talk: We had a good visit on the way back from the grocery store.
- a call paid to a person, family, etc.
- a stay or sojourn as a guest.
- an official inspection or examination.
- the act of an officer of a belligerent nation in boarding a vessel in order to ascertain the nature of its cargo, its nationality, etc.: the right of visit and search.
Hi guys, this attachment is about Marvelous House Of Correction Visiting #1 CGTH_Pic. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 550 x 413. It's file size is only 29 KB. If You ought to save This image to Your computer, you might Click here. You also too see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: House Of Correction Visiting.
By adding accessories attached by positioning a tiny carpet and intriguing inside it you'll be able to complete the decor. This carpeting is likely to be strapped together with most of the goods in a view that is pleasant.
That Office Space Decorating Ideas To Defeat Boredom in Function could perhaps be insight and tips for one's dream home's interior-design. The office is actually a place where we spend some time undertaking our work that is daily. Additionally, there are currently indicating the workplace is just a second home than dwellings.
Therefore, it is crucial that you have the ability to organize any office place satisfying and cozy. Because to have a comfy House Of Correction Visiting, we will experience appreciate performing their everyday work-day for most people feel drained and bored.