Byby1 (bī),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., pl. byes.
- near to or next to: a home by a lake.
- over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
- on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
- to and beyond the vicinity of;
past: He went by the church.
- within the extent or period of;
during: by day; by night.
- not later than;
at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
- to the extent or amount of: The new tug is larger than the old one by a great deal. He's taller than his sister by three inches.
- from the opinion, evidence, or authority of: By his own account he was in Chicago at the time. I know him by sight.
- according to;
in conformity with: This is a bad movie by any standards.
- with (something) at stake;
on: to swear by all that is sacred.
- through the agency, efficacy, work, participation, or authority of: The book was published by Random House.
- from the hand, mind, invention, or creativity of: She read a poem by Emily Dickinson. The phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- in consequence, as a result, or on the basis of: We met by chance. We won the game by forfeit.
- accompanied with or in the atmosphere of: Lovers walk by moonlight.
- in treatment or support of;
for: He did well by his children.
next after, as of the same items in a series: piece by piece; little by little.
- (in multiplication) taken the number of times as that specified by the second number, or multiplier: Multiply 18 by 57.
- (in measuring shapes) having an adjoining side of, as a width relative to a length: a room 10 feet by 12 feet.
- (in division) separated into the number of equal parts as that specified by the second number, or divisor: Divide 99 by 33.
- in terms or amounts of;
in measuring units of: Apples are sold by the bushel. I'm paid by the week.
- begot or born of: Eve had two sons by Adam.
- (of quadrupeds) having as a sire: Equipoise II by Equipoise.
- [Navig.](as used in the names of the 16 smallest points on the compass) one point toward the east, west, north, or south of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW, respectively: He sailed NE by N from Pago Pago.
- into, at, or to: Come by my office this afternoon.
in the immediate vicinity;
at hand: The school is close by.
- to and beyond a point near something;
past: The car drove by.
away: Put your work by for the moment. Over the years, she laid by enough money to retire.
past: in times gone by.
- by and by, in a short time;
presently: The clouds will disappear by and by.
- by and large, in general;
on the whole: By and large, there is much to be said for the new system.
- by me:
- (in bridge and other bidding card games) a declaration that the speaker is passing.
- (in poker) a declaration that the speaker is checking: Is my pair of tens still high? By me.
adj. Also, bye.
- situated to one side: They came down a by passage.
- secondary, incidental: It was only a by comment.
- by the by. See bye 1 (def. 5).
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Anchoran•chor (ang′kər),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
- any similar device for holding fast or checking motion: an anchor of stones.
- any device for securing a suspension or cantilever bridge at either end.
- any of various devices, as a metal tie, for binding one part of a structure to another.
- a person or thing that can be relied on for support, stability, or security;
mainstay: Hope was his only anchor.
- [Radio and Television.]a person who is the main broadcaster on a program of news, sports, etc., and who usually also serves as coordinator of all participating broadcasters during the program;
anchorman or anchorwoman;
- [Television.]a program that attracts many viewers who are likely to stay tuned to the network for the programs that follow.
- a well-known store, esp. a department store, that attracts customers to the shopping center in which it is located.
- automotive brakes.
- a key position in defense lines.
- Also, anchorman.
- the person on a team, esp. a relay team, who competes last.
- the person farthest to the rear on a tug-of-war team.
- at anchor, held in place by an anchor: The luxury liner is at anchor in the harbor.
- drag anchor, (of a vessel) to move with a current or wind because an anchor has failed to hold.
- drop anchor, to anchor a vessel: They dropped anchor in a bay to escape the storm.
- weigh anchor, to raise the anchor: We will weigh anchor at dawn.
- to hold fast by an anchor.
- to fix or fasten;
affix firmly: The button was anchored to the cloth with heavy thread.
- to act or serve as an anchor for: He anchored the evening news.
- to drop anchor;
lie or ride at anchor: The ship anchored at dawn.
- to keep hold or be firmly fixed: The insect anchored fast to its prey.
- [Sports, Radio and Television.]to act or serve as an anchor.
Howdy peoples, this post is about 01 08 16 By The Anchor - Issuu (superb Fall River Food Pantry #4). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 977 x 1319. This attachment's file size is only 240 KB. Wether You want to save This photo to Your computer, you might Click here. You might too download more images by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Fall River Food Pantry.
How could you improve the space you have? One of many suggestions is to arrange the area. Everybody features a dresser there, but many people only put points in there before the wreck isn't sorted. Instead, are you contemplating getting some storage boxes that are tiny and labeling them?
If you make everything with standard shape and size , then you can certainly likewise bin up it. Set a box comprising goods that you don't employ much backwards, using a box containing more commonly used items forward for easy-access.
For those who have cash, short amount of time, and room to play together I firmly urge you install or to construct a bathroom from vanity. Even though you have a bathroom mirror there is, it is likely not and to be aged increase your space for storage.
A good toilet storage's notion would be to fit a new one which features a selection of compartments and cabinets. You'll be astonished in the distinction - you could even realize that this is actually the 01 08 16 By The Anchor - Issuu (superb Fall River Food Pantry #4) you require!