Hammerham•mer (ham′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a tool consisting of a solid head, usually of metal, set crosswise on a handle, used for beating metals, driving nails, etc.
- any of various instruments or devices resembling this in form, action, or use, as a gavel, a mallet for playing the xylophone, or a lever that strikes the bell in a doorbell.
- [Firearms.]the part of a lock that by its fall or action causes the discharge, as by exploding the percussion cap or striking the primer or firing pin;
- one of the padded levers by which the strings of a piano are struck.
- [Track.]a metal ball, usually weighing 16 lb. (7.3 kg), attached to a steel wire at the end of which is a grip, for throwing for distance in the hammer throw.
- the malleus.
- under the hammer, for sale at public auction: The old estate and all its furnishings went under the hammer.
- to beat or drive (a nail, peg, etc.) with a hammer.
- to fasten by using hammer and nails;
nail (often fol. by down, up, etc.): We spent the day hammering up announcements on fences and trees.
- to assemble or build with a hammer and nails (often fol. by together): He hammered together a small crate.
- to shape or ornament (metal or a metal object) by controlled and repeated blows of a hammer;
beat out: to hammer brass; to hammer a brass bowl.
- to form, construct, or make with or as if with a hammer;
build by repeated, vigorous, or strenuous effort (often fol. by out or together): to hammer out an agreement; to hammer together a plot.
- to produce with or by force (often fol. by out): to hammer out a tune on the piano; to hammer a home run.
- to pound or hit forcefully: to hammer someone in the jaw.
- to settle (a strong disagreement, argument, etc.);
bring to an end, as by strenuous or repeated effort (usually fol. by out): They hammered out their differences over a glass of beer.
- to present (points in an argument, an idea, etc.) forcefully or compellingly;
state strongly, aggressively, and effectively (often fol. by home).
- to impress (something) as if by hammer blows: You'll have to hammer the rules into his head.
- (in the London stock exchange) to dismiss (a person) from membership because of default.
- to depress the price of (a stock).
- to strike blows with or as if with a hammer.
- to make persistent or laborious attempts to finish or perfect something (sometimes fol. by away): He hammered away at his speech for days.
- to reiterate;
emphasize by repetition (often fol. by away): The teacher hammered away at the multiplication tables.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Nailnail (nāl),USA pronunciation n.
- a slender, typically rod-shaped rigid piece of metal, usually in any of numerous standard lengths from a fraction of an inch to several inches and having one end pointed and the other enlarged and flattened, for hammering into or through wood, other building materials, etc., as used in building, in fastening, or in holding separate pieces together.
- a thin, horny plate, consisting of modified epidermis, growing on the upper side of the end of a finger or toe.
- a former measure of length for cloth, equal to 2¼ in. (6.4 cm).
- hit the nail on the head, to say or do exactly the right thing;
be accurate or correct: Your analysis really hit the nail on the head.
- on the nail, [Informal.]
- of present interest;
- without delay;
on the spot;
at once: He was offered a job on the nail.
- nail in someone's or something's coffin, something that hastens the demise or failure of a person or thing: Every moment's delay is another nail in his coffin.
- to fasten with a nail or nails: to nail the cover on a box.
- to enclose or confine (something) by nailing (often fol. by up): to nail up oranges in a crate.
- to make fast or keep firmly in one place or position: Surprise nailed him to the spot.
- to accomplish perfectly: the only gymnast to nail the dismount.
- to secure by prompt action;
catch or seize: The police nailed him with the goods.
- to catch (a person) in some difficulty, lie, etc.
- to detect and expose (a lie, scandal, etc.).
- Slang. to hit (a person): He nailed him on the chin with an uppercut in the first round.
- to focus intently on an object or subject: She kept her eyes nailed on the suspicious customer.
- Obs. to stud with or as if with nails.
- nail down, to make final;
settle once and for all: Signing the contract will nail down our agreement.
Kitchenskitch•en (kich′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or place equipped for cooking.
- culinary department;
cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
- the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
- of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
- employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
- of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Newnew (no̅o̅, nyo̅o̅),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
- of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time;
novel: a new concept of the universe.
- having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
- unfamiliar or strange (often fol. by to): ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
- having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
- unaccustomed (usually fol. by to): people new to such work.
- coming or occurring afresh;
additional: new gains.
- fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
- (of physical or moral qualities) different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
- other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
- being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its latest known period, esp. as a living language at the present time: New High German.
- recently or lately (usually used in combination): The valley was green with new-planted crops.
anew or afresh (often used in combination): roses new washed with dew; new-mown hay.
- something that is new;
a new object, quality, condition, etc.: Ring out the old, ring in the new.
Hi guys, this attachment is about Hammer And Nail Kitchens #1 New Traditions. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 820 x 664. This attachment's file size is just 105 KB. Wether You ought to save It to Your computer, you should Click here. You could too download more photos by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Hammer And Nail Kitchens.
Your household image that is minimalist can be made by Hammer And Nail Kitchens to the deck of the house so your layout of the patio should really be perfect, seems elegant and magnificent. This luxury appears more lovely to appear in the external and may also provide the impression of being around the front porch comfy minimalism.
Among the components that make an appropriate home witnessed by the eye, appeared excellent and lavish residence is Hammer And Nail Kitchens #1 New Traditions. With all the selection and proper laying of ceramic flooring, the locations were ordinary can be converted into a place that looks luxurious and huge.
Hammer And Nail Kitchens #1 New Traditions get to be the most critical aspect in the choice of flooring for your household. When the coloring of a floor you select also black if you have a small property minimalist this can make your house inside search pleased claustrophobic and miserable.
If we feel uneasy within the household, then you definitely and your household won't feel comfy sitting at home so as to create your household members' bad ramifications end up like to perform away from home. You can observe the variation when there are two hues while in the space with all the measurement of the region of the area the exact same colour of the floor however they are very different.
By deciding on the best floor with regards to motifs and hues, all that may be understood. Hues are pure and bright typically the most popular alternative nowadays, coloring age, because these hues can provide luxurious atmosphere and a comfortable atmosphere cool of style.
There is a widespread impact, peaceful, and comfy when we vary because space. Therefore the hardwood floors' color can you pick you pay attention , nor be underestimated, because an error of ceramic shades can determine the beauty of your home should certainly.