8 photos of Brushed Nickel Floor Lamp With Paper Shade And Decorative Faux Wood Base ( Floor Lamps Decorative Lighting #2)
Brushedbrushed (brusht),USA pronunciation adj.
- having a nap raised or a surface produced by a brushing process: brushed cotton.
Nickelnick•el (nik′əl),USA pronunciation n., v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling, adj.
- a hard, silvery-white, ductile and malleable metallic element, allied to iron and cobalt, not readily oxidized: used chiefly in alloys, in electroplating, and as a catalyst in organic synthesis. Symbol: Ni;
at. wt.: 58.71;
at. no.: 28;
sp. gr.: 8.9 at 20°C.
- a cupronickel coin of the U.S., the 20th part of a dollar, equal to five cents.
- a nickel coin of Canada, the 20th part of a dollar, equal to five cents.
- to cover or coat with nickel;
- costing or worth five dollars: a nickel bag of heroin.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Paperpa•per (pā′pər),USA pronunciation n.
- a substance made from wood pulp, rags, straw, or other fibrous material, usually in thin sheets, used to bear writing or printing, for wrapping things, etc.
- a piece, sheet, or leaf of this.
- something resembling this substance, as papyrus.
- a written or printed document or the like.
- a newspaper or journal.
- an essay, article, or dissertation on a particular topic: a paper on early Mayan artifacts.
- Often, papers. a document establishing or verifying identity, status, or the like: citizenship papers.
- negotiable notes, bills, etc., as commercial paper or paper money: Only silver, please, no paper.
- a promissory note.
- papers, a. [Naut.]See ship's papers. b. See rolling paper.
- See toilet paper.
- a sheet or card of paper with pins or needles stuck through it in rows.
- a set of questions for an examination, an individual set of written answers to them, or any written piece of schoolwork.
- a free pass to an entertainment.
- on paper:
- in written or printed form.
- in theory rather than in practice.
- existing only in a preliminary state;
in a plan or design: The university building program is still only on paper.
- to cover with wallpaper or apply wallpaper to: They papered the bedroom last summer.
- to line or cover with paper.
- to distribute handbills, posters, etc., throughout: to paper a neighborhood with campaign literature.
- to fold, enclose, or wrap in paper.
- to supply with paper.
- [Informal.]to deluge with documents, esp. those requiring one to comply with certain technical procedures, as a means of legal harassment: He papered the plaintiff to force a settlement.
- to fill (a theater or the like) with spectators by giving away free tickets or passes.
- [Archaic.]a. to write or set down on paper.b. to describe in writing.
- to apply wallpaper to walls.
- paper over, to patch up or attempt to conceal (a difference, disagreement, etc.) so as to preserve a friendship, present a unified opinion, etc.: to paper over a dispute.
- made of paper or paperlike material: a paper bag.
thin, flimsy, or frail.
- of, pertaining to, or noting routine clerical duties.
- pertaining to or carried on by means of letters, articles, books, etc.: a paper war.
- written or printed on paper.
- existing in theory or principle only and not in reality: paper profits.
- indicating the first event of a series, as a wedding anniversary. See table under wedding anniversary.
- including many patrons admitted on free passes, as an audience for a theatrical performance: It's a paper house tonight.
Shadeshade (shād),USA pronunciation n., v., shad•ed, shad•ing.
- the comparative darkness caused by the interception or screening of rays of light from an object, place, or area.
- a place or an area of comparative darkness, as one sheltered from the sun.
- See window shade.
- a lampshade.
- darkness gathering at the close of day: Shades of night are falling.
- a reminder of something: shades of the Inquisition.
- Usually, shades. a secluded or obscure place: He was living in the shades.
- comparative obscurity.
- a specter or ghost.
- [Gk. and Rom. Relig.]one of the spirits of the dead inhabiting Hades.
- a shadow.
- the degree of darkness of a color, determined by the quantity of black or by the lack of illumination.
- comparative darkness, as the effect of shadow or dark and light, in pictorial representation;
the dark part, or a dark part, of a picture or drawing.
- a slight variation or degree: a shade of difference.
- a little bit;
touch, esp. of something that may change the color of or lighten or darken something else: coffee with a shade of cream.
- anything used for protection against excessive light, heat, etc.
- (in architectural shades and shadows) a shadow upon those parts of a solid that are tangent to or turned away from the parallel rays from the theoretical light source. Cf. shadow (def. 11).
- cast or put someone in or into the shade, to make another person's efforts seem insignificant by comparison;
surpass: Her playing puts mine in the shade.
- the shades, Hades, as the abode of the spirits of the dead.
- to produce shade in or on.
- to obscure, dim, or darken.
- to screen or hide from view.
- to protect (something) from light, heat, etc., by or as by a screen: to shade the eyes from a bright light.
- to cover or screen (a candle, light, etc.): to shade a light to protect the eyes.
- to introduce degrees of darkness into (a drawing or painting) in order to render light and shadow or give the effect of color.
- to render the values of light and dark in (a drawn figure, object, etc.), esp. in order to create the illusion of three-dimensionality.
- to change by imperceptible degrees into something else.
- to reduce (the price) by way of a concession.
- to pass or change by slight graduations, as one color, quality, or thing into another.
- shade up, to take shelter (as livestock) from the sun.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Decorativedec•o•ra•tive (dek′ər ə tiv, dek′rə-, dek′ə rā′-),USA pronunciation adj.
- serving or tending to decorate.
- serving only to decorate, in contrast to providing a meaningful experience.
Fauxfaux (fō),USA pronunciation adj.
- artificial or imitation;
fake: a brooch with faux pearls.
OF fals L falsus false]
Woodwood1 (wŏŏd),USA pronunciation n.
- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark;
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes;
timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle: aged in the wood.
- See wood block (def. 1).
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- Often, woods. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a large and thick collection of growing trees;
a grove or forest: They picnicked in the woods.
- [Golf.]a club with a wooden head, as a driver, brassie, spoon, or baffy for hitting long shots. Cf. iron (def. 5).
- have the wood on, [Australian Slang.]to have an advantage over or have information that can be used against.
- knock on wood, (used when knocking on something wooden to assure continued good luck): The car's still in good shape, knock on wood.Also, esp. Brit.,touch wood.
- out of the woods:
- out of a dangerous, perplexing, or difficult situation;
- no longer in precarious health or critical condition;
out of danger and recovering.
- made of wood;
- used to store, work, or carry wood: a wood chisel.
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- to cover or plant with trees.
- to supply with wood;
get supplies of wood for.
- to take in or get supplies of wood (often fol. by up): to wood up before the approach of winter.
Basebase1 (bās),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., based, bas•ing.
- the bottom support of anything;
that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.
- a fundamental principle or groundwork;
basis: the base of needed reforms.
- the bottom layer or coating, as of makeup or paint.
- the distinctively treated portion of a column or pier below the shaft or shafts. See diag. under column.
- the distinctively treated lowermost portion of any construction, as a monument, exterior wall, etc.
- [Bot., Zool.]
- the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment.
- the point of attachment.
- the principal element or ingredient of anything, considered as its fundamental part: face cream with a lanolin base; paint with a lead base.
- that from which a commencement, as of action or reckoning, is made;
a starting point or point of departure.
- any of the four corners of the diamond, esp. first, second, or third base. Cf. home plate.
- a square canvas sack containing sawdust or some other light material, for marking first, second, or third base.
- a starting line or point for runners, racing cars, etc.
- (in hockey and other games) the goal.
- a fortified or more or less protected area or place from which the operations of an army or an air force proceed.
- a supply installation for a large military force.
- [Geom.]the line or surface forming the part of a figure that is most nearly horizontal or on which it is supposed to stand.
- the number that serves as a starting point for a logarithmic or other numerical system.
- a collection of subsets of a topological space having the property that every open set in the given topology can be written as the union of sets of the collection.
- a collection of neighborhoods of a point such that every neighborhood of the point contains one from the collection.
- a collection of sets of a given filter such that every set in the filter is contained in some set in the collection.
- Also called base line. See under triangulation (def. 1).
- vehicle (def. 10).
- Also called carrier. inert matter, used in the preparation of lakes, onto which a coloring compound is precipitated.
- [Photog.]a thin, flexible layer of cellulose triacetate or similar material that holds the light-sensitive film emulsion and other coatings, esp. on motion-picture film.
- a compound that reacts with an acid to form a salt, as ammonia, calcium hydroxide, or certain nitrogen-containing organic compounds.
- the hydroxide of a metal or of an electropositive element or group.
- a group or molecule that takes up or accepts protons.
- a molecule or ion containing an atom with a free pair of electrons that can be donated to an acid;
an electron-pair donor.
- any of the purine and pyrimidine compounds found in nucleic acids: the purines adenine and guanine and the pyrimidines cytosine, thymine, and uracil.
- the part of a complex word, consisting of one or more morphemes, to which derivational or inflectional affixes may be added, as want in unwanted or biolog- in biological. Cf. root1 (def. 11), stem 1 (def. 16).
- the component of a generative grammar containing the lexicon and phrase-structure rules that generate the deep structure of sentences.
- an electrode or terminal on a transistor other than the emitter or collector electrodes or terminals.
- the part of an incandescent lamp or electron tube that includes the terminals for making electrical connection to a circuit or power supply.
- the level at which a security ceases a decline in price.
- the lower part of an escutcheon.
- bases, [Armor.]a tonlet formed of two shaped steel plates assembled side by side.
- pavilion (def. 6).
- get to first base. See first base (def. 2).
- in base, in the lower part of an escutcheon.
- off base:
- [Baseball.]not touching a base: The pitcher caught him off base and, after a quick throw, he was put out by the second baseman.
- [Informal.]badly mistaken: The police were way off base when they tried to accuse her of the theft.
- on base, [Baseball.]having reached a base or bases: Two men are on base.
- touch base with, to make contact with: They've touched base with every political group on campus.
- serving as or forming a base: The walls will need a base coat and two finishing coats.
- to make or form a base or foundation for.
- to establish, as a fact or conclusion (usually fol. by on or upon): He based his assumption of her guilt on the fact that she had no alibi.
- to place or establish on a base or basis;
found (usually fol. by on or upon): Our plan is based on a rising economy.
- to station, place, or situate (usually fol. by at or on): He is based at Fort Benning. The squadron is based on a carrier.
- to have a basis;
be based (usually fol. by on or upon): Fluctuating prices usually base on a fickle public's demand.
- to have or maintain a base: I believe they had based on Greenland at one time.
Hello guys, this post is about Brushed Nickel Floor Lamp With Paper Shade And Decorative Faux Wood Base ( Floor Lamps Decorative Lighting #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1000 x 1000. It's file size is only 30 KB. Wether You want to download This picture to Your PC, you have to Click here. You could too download more photos by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Floor Lamps Decorative Lighting.
Apply some things present in perhaps a container of colorful containers, the choice of fashionable sofa blankets, wallhangings fashion pop-art, or older homes, for instance, as well as changing the rack. Select which have modifications of bigger colors, clear outlines and structure. Combine those two types in one single place. Eg adjustment of furniture that is vintage with upholstery that is newer.
It may additionally include with different previous dining table seats. Objects such as tables backyard / large potted crops, patio, and rattan seats may also enhance the wonder of the interior of the house.The old-house isn't like a property today. Space's section sometimes seems weird. Eg thus huge livingroom, while the bedroom is quite slim.
Consequently could be the home which is extended. Well, you're able to work this around by the addition of a Brushed Nickel Floor Lamp With Paper Shade And Decorative Faux Wood Base ( Floor Lamps Decorative Lighting #2) in an area that is too extensive or switching capabilities. Like the majority of the kitchen along with area, while 50% of the room used being a garage