Traditional Style Gold Ball Standard Floor Lamp Light W Fabric Shade ( Amazon Standard Lamps #1) Images Gallery
Stylestyle (stīl),USA pronunciation n., v. styled, styl•ing.
- a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
- a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
- an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
- a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion;
- the mode of expressing thought in writing or speaking by selecting and arranging words, considered with respect to clearness, effectiveness, euphony, or the like, that is characteristic of a group, period, person, personality, etc.: to write in the style of Faulkner; a familiar style; a pompous, pedantic style.
- those components or features of a literary composition that have to do with the form of expression rather than the content of the thought expressed: His writing is all style and no substance.
- manner or tone adopted in discourse or conversation: a patronizing style of addressing others.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode or form of construction or execution in any art or work: Her painting is beginning to show a personal style.
- a descriptive or distinguishing appellation, esp. a legal, official, or recognized title: a firm trading under the style of Smith, Jones, & Co.
- stylus (defs. 1, 2).
- the gnomon of a sundial.
- a method of reckoning time. Cf. New Style, old style (def. 2).
- a small, pointed process or part.
- a narrow, usually cylindrical and more or less filiform extension of the pistil, which, when present, bears the stigma at its apex. See diag. under flower.
- the rules or customs of typography, punctuation, spelling, and related matters used by a newspaper, magazine, publishing house, etc., or in a specific publication.
- go out of style, to become unfashionable: The jacket he's wearing went out of style ten years ago.
- in style, fashionable.
- to call by a given title or appellation;
call: The pope is styled His or Your Holiness.
- to design or arrange in accordance with a given or new style: to style an evening dress; to style one's hair.
- to bring into conformity with a specific style or give a specific style to: Please style this manuscript.
- to do decorative work with a style or stylus.
Goldgold (gōld),USA pronunciation n.
- a precious yellow metallic element, highly malleable and ductile, and not subject to oxidation or corrosion. Symbol: Au;
at. wt.: 196.967;
at. no.: 79;
sp. gr.: 19.3 at 20°C.
- a quantity of gold coins: to pay in gold.
- a monetary standard based on this metal;
- something likened to this metal in brightness, preciousness, superiority, etc.: a heart of gold.
- a bright, metallic yellow color, sometimes tending toward brown.
- See gold medal.
- (cap.) the code name for one of the five D-day invasion beaches, assaulted by British troops.
- consisting of gold.
- pertaining to gold.
- like gold.
- of the color of gold.
- indicating the fiftieth event of a series, as a wedding anniversary. See table under wedding anniversary.
- (of a record, CD, or cassette) having sold a minimum of 500,000 copies.
Ballball1 (bôl),USA pronunciation n.
- a spherical or approximately spherical body or shape;
sphere: He rolled the piece of paper into a ball.
- a round or roundish body, of various sizes and materials, either hollow or solid, for use in games, as baseball, football, tennis, or golf.
- a game played with a ball, esp. baseball: The boys are out playing ball.
- [Baseball.]a pitched ball, not swung at by the batter, that does not pass over home plate between the batter's shoulders and knees.
- a solid, usually spherical projectile for a cannon, rifle, pistol, etc., as distinguished from a shell.
- projectiles, esp. bullets, collectively.
- any part of a thing, esp. of the human body, that is rounded or protuberant: the ball of the thumb.
- a round mass of food, as of chopped meat, dough, or candy.
- (vulgar). a testis.
- balls, Slang (vulgar).
- nonsense (often used as an interjection).
- bolus (def. 1).
- [Hort.]a compact mass of soil covering the roots of an uprooted tree or other plant.
- [Literary.]a planetary or celestial body, esp. the earth.
- (in a metric space) the set of points whose distance from the zero element is less than, or less than or equal to, a specified number.
- carry the ball, to assume the responsibility;
bear the burden: You can always count on him to carry the ball in an emergency.
- drop the ball, to make a mistake or miss an opportunity at a critical moment.
- keep the ball rolling, to continue or give renewed vigor to an activity already under way: When their interest lagged, he tried to keep the ball rolling.
- on the ball:
- alert and efficient or effective: If you don't get on the ball, you'll be fired.
- indicating intelligence or ability: The tests show your students don't have much on the ball. The new manager has a lot on the ball.
- play ball:
- to begin or continue playing a game.
- to start or continue any action.
- to work together;
cooperate: union leaders suspected of playing ball with racketeers.
- run with the ball, to assume responsibility or work enthusiastically: If management approves the concept, we'll run with the ball.
- start the ball rolling, to put into operation;
begin: The recreation director started the ball rolling by having all the participants introduce themselves.
- to make into a ball (sometimes fol. by up): The children were balling up snow to make a snowman.
- to wind into balls: to ball cotton.
- (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse with.
- to form or gather into a ball: When the spun sugar balls, the candy has cooked sufficiently.
- (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- ball the jack:
- to act with speed.
- to stake everything on one attempt.
- ball up, to make or become utterly confused;
muddle: The records had been all balled up by inefficient file clerks.
Standardstand•ard (stan′dərd),USA pronunciation n.
- something considered by an authority or by general consent as a basis of comparison;
an approved model.
- an object that is regarded as the usual or most common size or form of its kind: We stock the deluxe models as well as the standards.
- a rule or principle that is used as a basis for judgment: They tried to establish standards for a new philosophical approach.
- an average or normal requirement, quality, quantity, level, grade, etc.: His work this week hasn't been up to his usual standard.
- standards, those morals, ethics, habits, etc., established by authority, custom, or an individual as acceptable: He tried to live up to his father's standards.
- a grade of beef immediately below good.
- the authorized exemplar of a unit of weight or measure.
- a certain commodity in or by which a basic monetary unit is stated. Cf. gold standard, silver standard, bimetallism, monometallism.
- the legally established content of full-weight coins.
- the prescribed degree of fineness for gold or silver.
- a class or grade in elementary schools.
- a musical piece of sufficiently enduring popularity to be made part of a permanent repertoire, esp. a popular song.
- a flag indicating the presence of a sovereign or public official.
- a flag, emblematic figure, or other object raised on a pole to indicate the rallying point of an army, fleet, etc.
- any of various military or naval flags.
- the colors of a mounted unit.
- (cap.) a U.S. Navy radar-guided surface-to-air missile with a range of 10–30 miles (16–48 km).
- a long, tapering flag or ensign, as of a monarch or a nation.
- something that stands or is placed upright.
- a long candlestick or candelabrum used in a church.
- an upright support or supporting part.
- [Armor.]a standing collar of mail.
- [Hort.]a plant trained or grafted to have a single, erect, treelike stem.
- a distinct petal, larger than the rest, of certain flowers;
- serving as a basis of weight, measure, value, comparison, or judgment.
- of recognized excellence or established authority: a standard reference on medieval history.
- usual, common, or customary: Chairs are standard furniture in American households.
not electric or automatic: standard transmission.
- conforming in pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, etc., to the usage of most educated native speakers, esp. those having prestige, and widely considered acceptable or correct: Standard American English; standard pronunciation.Cf. nonstandard (def. 2).
- authorized or approved: The program was broadcast on the standard broadcast band.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Fabricfab•ric (fab′rik),USA pronunciation n.
- a cloth made by weaving, knitting, or felting fibers: woolen fabrics.
- the texture of the woven, knitted, or felted material: cloth of a soft, pliant fabric.
structure: the fabric of society.
- a building;
- the method of construction.
- the act of constructing, esp. of a church building.
- the maintenance of such a building.
- [Petrog.]the spatial arrangement and orientation of the constituents of a rock.
Shadeshade (shād),USA pronunciation n., v., shad•ed, shad•ing.
- the comparative darkness caused by the interception or screening of rays of light from an object, place, or area.
- a place or an area of comparative darkness, as one sheltered from the sun.
- See window shade.
- a lampshade.
- darkness gathering at the close of day: Shades of night are falling.
- a reminder of something: shades of the Inquisition.
- Usually, shades. a secluded or obscure place: He was living in the shades.
- comparative obscurity.
- a specter or ghost.
- [Gk. and Rom. Relig.]one of the spirits of the dead inhabiting Hades.
- a shadow.
- the degree of darkness of a color, determined by the quantity of black or by the lack of illumination.
- comparative darkness, as the effect of shadow or dark and light, in pictorial representation;
the dark part, or a dark part, of a picture or drawing.
- a slight variation or degree: a shade of difference.
- a little bit;
touch, esp. of something that may change the color of or lighten or darken something else: coffee with a shade of cream.
- anything used for protection against excessive light, heat, etc.
- (in architectural shades and shadows) a shadow upon those parts of a solid that are tangent to or turned away from the parallel rays from the theoretical light source. Cf. shadow (def. 11).
- cast or put someone in or into the shade, to make another person's efforts seem insignificant by comparison;
surpass: Her playing puts mine in the shade.
- the shades, Hades, as the abode of the spirits of the dead.
- to produce shade in or on.
- to obscure, dim, or darken.
- to screen or hide from view.
- to protect (something) from light, heat, etc., by or as by a screen: to shade the eyes from a bright light.
- to cover or screen (a candle, light, etc.): to shade a light to protect the eyes.
- to introduce degrees of darkness into (a drawing or painting) in order to render light and shadow or give the effect of color.
- to render the values of light and dark in (a drawn figure, object, etc.), esp. in order to create the illusion of three-dimensionality.
- to change by imperceptible degrees into something else.
- to reduce (the price) by way of a concession.
- to pass or change by slight graduations, as one color, quality, or thing into another.
- shade up, to take shelter (as livestock) from the sun.
Hello guys, this picture is about Traditional Style Gold Ball Standard Floor Lamp Light W Fabric Shade ( Amazon Standard Lamps #1). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 684 x 684. This image's file size is just 18 KB. Wether You desired to save This picture to Your laptop, you might Click here. You also too see more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at here: Amazon Standard Lamps.
A steel plate can be utilized in the place of stone or lumber. Put in a fun pretty dish plus a distinct structure towards the walls and cabinets comparison with lumber or stone countertop. The tiles really are since it is not solely gorgeous and decorative, but also quite useful for making a backsplash, an excellent choice.
Certain is most needed while preparing inside the kitchen? Nonetheless, you should start to glance part of your kitchen wall. If you start the wall only paint or to clean to clean the stains are hard to wash, then there is the right option for you personally.
Glazed tiles fairly easily cleaned after washing to avoid water spots that could blunt the color of the tiles, though it ought to be removed totally having a clear dried cloth. A of variety, usually lengthy Traditional Style Gold Ball Standard Floor Lamp Light W Fabric Shade ( Amazon Standard Lamps #1) produced from the table towards the drawer where the range and also the sink is located. Therefore reel that is generally horizontal but may straight well.
You'll be able to select a Traditional Style Gold Ball Standard Floor Lamp Light W Fabric Shade ( Amazon Standard Lamps #1) imaginative with wonderful marble, patterned tiles, or metal plates so as to add ornamental highlights towards the kitchen wall. When it comes towards some of the important things in the kitchen and the kitchen, whether you're thinking of likewise area of the wall, sink, countertop, and fridge?