Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Periodpe•ri•od (pēr′ē əd),USA pronunciation n.
- a rather large interval of time that is meaningful in the life of a person, in history, etc., because of its particular characteristics: a period of illness; a period of great profitability for a company; a period of social unrest in Germany.
- any specified division or portion of time: poetry of the period from 1603 to 1660.
- a round of time or series of years by which time is measured.
- a round of time marked by the recurrence of some phenomenon or occupied by some recurring process or action.
- the point of completion of a round of time or of the time during which something lasts or happens.
- a specific length of time during school hours that a student spends in a classroom, laboratory, etc., or has free.
- any of the parts of equal length into which a game is divided.
- the time during which something runs its course.
- the present time.
- the point or character (.) used to mark the end of a declarative sentence, indicate an abbreviation, etc.;
- a full pause, as is made at the end of a complete sentence;
- a sentence, esp. a well-balanced, impressive sentence: the stately periods of Churchill.
- a periodic sentence.
- an occurrence of menstruation.
- a time of the month during which menstruation occurs.
- the basic unit of geologic time, during which a standard rock system is formed: comprising two or more epochs and included with other periods in an era. See table under geologic time.
- the duration of one complete cycle of a wave or oscillation;
the reciprocal of the frequency.
- a division of a composition, usually a passage of eight or sixteen measures, complete or satisfactory in itself, commonly consisting of two or more contrasted or complementary phrases ending with a conclusive cadence.
- Also called period of rotation. the time in which a body rotates once on its axis.
- Also called period of revolution. the time in which a planet or satellite revolves once about its primary.
- See under periodic (def. 5).
- [Class. Pros.]a group of two or more cola.
- noting, pertaining to, evocative of, imitating, or representing a historical period or the styles current during a specific period of history: period costumes; a period play.
- (used by a speaker or writer to indicate that a decision is irrevocable or that a point is no longer discussable): I forbid you to go, period.
Afteraf•ter (af′tər, äf′-),USA pronunciation prep.
- behind in place or position;
following behind: men lining up one after the other.
- later in time than;
in succession to;
at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
- subsequent to and in consequence of: After what has happened, I can never return.
- below in rank or excellence;
nearest to: Milton is usually placed after Shakespeare among English poets.
- in imitation of or in imitation of the style of: to make something after a model; fashioned after Raphael.
- in pursuit or search of;
with or in desire for: I'm after a better job. Run after him!
about: to inquire after a person.
- with the name of;
for: He was named after his uncle.
- in proportion to;
in accordance with: He was a man after the hopes and expectations of his father.
- according to the nature of;
in conformity with;
in agreement or unison with: He was a man after my own heart. He swore after the manner of his faith.
- subsequent to and notwithstanding;
in spite of: After all their troubles, they still manage to be optimistic.
- after all, despite what has occurred or been assumed previously;
nevertheless: I've discovered I can attend the meeting after all.
in the rear: Jill came tumbling after.
- later in time;
afterward: three hours after; happily ever after.
- later in time;
succeeding: In after years we never heard from him.
- [Naut., Aeron.]
- farther aft.
- located closest to the stern or tail;
aftermost: after hold; after mast.
- including the stern or tail: the after part of a hull.
- subsequent to the time that: after the boys left.
- afters, the final course of a meal, as pudding, ice cream, or the like;
Miscarriagemis•car•riage (mis kar′ij; for 1 also mis′kar′ij),USA pronunciation n.
- the expulsion of a fetus before it is viable, esp. between the third and seventh months of pregnancy;
spontaneous abortion. Cf. abortion (def. 1).
- failure to attain the just, right, or desired result: a miscarriage of justice.
- failure of something sent, as a letter, to reach its destination.
- [Chiefly Brit.]transportation of goods not in accordance with the contract of shipment.
Newnew (no̅o̅, nyo̅o̅),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., n.
- of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being: a new book.
- of a kind now existing or appearing for the first time;
novel: a new concept of the universe.
- having but lately or but now come into knowledge: a new chemical element.
- unfamiliar or strange (often fol. by to): ideas new to us; to visit new lands.
- having but lately come to a place, position, status, etc.: a reception for our new minister.
- unaccustomed (usually fol. by to): people new to such work.
- coming or occurring afresh;
additional: new gains.
- fresh or unused: to start a new sheet of paper.
- (of physical or moral qualities) different and better: The vacation made a new man of him.
- other than the former or the old: a new era; in the New World.
- being the later or latest of two or more things of the same kind: the New Testament; a new edition of Shakespeare.
- (cap.) (of a language) in its latest known period, esp. as a living language at the present time: New High German.
- recently or lately (usually used in combination): The valley was green with new-planted crops.
anew or afresh (often used in combination): roses new washed with dew; new-mown hay.
- something that is new;
a new object, quality, condition, etc.: Ring out the old, ring in the new.
Kidskid1 (kid),USA pronunciation n., v., kid•ded, kid•ding, adj.
- a child or young person.
- (used as a familiar form of address.)
- a young goat.
- leather made from the skin of a kid or goat, used in making shoes and gloves.
- a glove made from this leather.
- (of a goat) to give birth to (young).
- made of kidskin.
- younger: his kid sister.
Centercen•ter (sen′tər),USA pronunciation n.
- [Geom.]the middle point, as the point within a circle or sphere equally distant from all points of the circumference or surface, or the point within a regular polygon equally distant from the vertices.
- a point, pivot, axis, etc., around which anything rotates or revolves: The sun is the center of the solar system.
- the source of an influence, action, force, etc.: the center of a problem.
- a point, place, person, etc., upon which interest, emotion, etc., focuses: His family is the center of his life.
- a principal point, place, or object: a shipping center.
- a building or part of a building used as a meeting place for a particular group or having facilities for certain activities: a youth center; The company has a complete recreation center in the basement.
- an office or other facility providing a specific service or dealing with a particular emergency: a flood-relief center; a crisis center.
- a person, thing, group, etc., occupying the middle position, esp. a body of troops.
- the core or middle of anything: chocolate candies with fruit centers.
- a store or establishment devoted to a particular subject or hobby, carrying supplies, materials, tools, and books as well as offering guidance and advice: a garden center; a nutrition center.
- See shopping center.
- (usually cap.)
- the part of a legislative assembly, esp. in continental Europe, that sits in the center of the chamber, a position customarily assigned to members of the legislature who hold political views intermediate between those of the Right and Left.
- the members of such an assembly who sit in the Center.
- the political position of persons who hold moderate views.
- politically moderate persons, taken collectively;
middle-of-the-roaders: Unfortunately, his homeland has always lacked a responsible Center.
- a lineman who occupies a position in the middle of the line and who puts the ball into play by tossing it between his legs to a back.
- the position played by this lineman.
- a player who participates in a center jump.
- the position of the player in the center of the court, where the center jump takes place at the beginning of play.
- [Ice Hockey.]a player who participates in a face-off at the beginning of play.
- [Baseball.]See center field.
- a cluster of nerve cells governing a specific organic process: the vasomotor center.
- the mean position of a figure or system.
- the set of elements of a group that commute with every element of the group.
- a tapered rod, mounted in the headstock spindle(live center) or the tailstock spindle (dead center) of a lathe, upon which the work to be turned is placed.
- one of two similar points on some other machine, as a planing machine, enabling an object to be turned on its axis.
- a tapered indentation, in a piece to be turned on a lathe, into which a center is fitted.
- on center, from the centerline or midpoint of a structural member, an area of a plan, etc., to that of a similar member, area, etc.: The studs are set 30 inches on center. Abbr.:o.c.
- to place in or on a center: She centered the clock on the mantelpiece.
- to collect to or around a center;
focus: He centered his novel on the Civil War.
- to determine or mark the center of: A small brass star centered the tabletop.
- to adjust, shape, or modify (an object, part, etc.) so that its axis or the like is in a central or normal position: to center the lens of a telescope; to center the work on a lathe.
- to place (an object, part, etc.) so as to be equidistant from all bordering or adjacent areas.
- [Football.]snap (def. 20).
- to pass (a basketball, hockey puck, etc.) from any place along the periphery toward the middle of the playing area.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] centre. cen′ter•a•ble, adj.
- to be at or come to a center.
- to come to a focus;
concentrate (fol. by at, about, around, in, or on): The interest of the book centers specifically on the character of the eccentric hero. Political power in the town centers in the position of mayor.
- to gather or accumulate in a cluster* collect (fol. by at, about, around, in, or on): Shops and municipal buildings center around the city square.
Howdy there, this blog post is about Light Period After Miscarriage #6 New Kids Center. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 774 x 618. This picture's file size is only 43 KB. If You desired to save This picture to Your computer, you can Click here. You could too see more attachments by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Light Period After Miscarriage.
A metal plate may be used as opposed to timber or rock. Put in a surface that is distinct and a merry pretty dish for the walls and cabinets distinction with stone or timber counter. The tiles are a good selection as it isn't vibrant and merely lovely, but additionally quite useful for developing a backsplash.
Confident is most needed while cooking inside the kitchen? Nevertheless, you must begin to seem section of your home wall. Then there's the best solution for you personally if you take up the wall only to clean or paint to clean the spots are tough to completely clean.
It is possible to select an innovative that is Light Period After Miscarriage #6 New Kids Center with beautiful pebble patterned tiles, or material dishes to include attractive decorations towards the home wall. As it pertains to some of the main things within the home and the kitchen, whether you are considering also part of the wall, drain, countertop, and refrigerator?
Hard tiles pretty quickly washed after laundering to prevent water locations that may blunt the color of the tiles, though it should be removed completely with a clean dried cloth. A matter of kind, often prolonged Light Period After Miscarriage #6 New Kids Center created from the table for the case where the cooker and also the sink is located. Thus strip that is generally outside but may straight well.