Hookhook1 (hŏŏk),USA pronunciation n.
- a curved or angular piece of metal or other hard substance for catching, pulling, holding, or suspending something.
- a fishhook.
- anything that catches;
- something that attracts attention or serves as an enticement: The product is good but we need a sales hook to get people to buy it.
- something having a sharp curve, bend, or angle at one end, as a mark or symbol.
- a sharp curve or angle in the length or course of anything.
- a curved arm of land jutting into the water;
a curved peninsula: Sandy Hook.
- a recurved and pointed organ or appendage of an animal or plant.
- a small curved catch inserted into a loop to form a clothes fastener.
- the path described by a ball, as in baseball, bowling, or golf, that curves in a direction opposite to the throwing hand or to the side of the ball from which it was struck.
- a ball describing such a path.
- [Boxing.]a short, circular punch delivered with the elbow bent.
- Also called pennant. a stroke or line attached to the stem of eighth notes, sixteenth notes, etc.
- an appealing melodic phrase, orchestral ornament, refrain, etc., often important to a popular song's commercial success.
- an accidental short bend formed in a piece of bar stock during rolling.
- hooks, hands or fingers: Get your hooks off that cake!
- [Underworld Jargon.]a pickpocket.
- Also called deck hook. a triangular plate or knee that binds together the stringers and plating at each end of a vessel.
- by hook or by crook, by any means, whether just or unjust, legal or illegal. Also, by hook or crook.
- get or give the hook, [Informal.]to receive or subject to a dismissal: The rumor is that he got the hook.
- hook, line, and sinker, entirely;
completely: He fell for the story—hook, line, and sinker.
- off the hook:
- out of trouble;
released from some difficulty: This time there was no one around to get him off the hook.
- free of obligation: His brother paid all his bills and got him off the hook.
- on one's own hook, on one's own initiative or responsibility;
- on the hook:
involved: He's already on the hook for $10,000.
- subjected to a delaying tactic;
waiting: We've had him on the hook for two weeks now.
- to seize, fasten, suspend from, pierce, or catch hold of and draw with or as if with a hook.
- to catch (fish) with a fishhook.
- to steal or seize by stealth.
- to catch or trick by artifice;
- (of a bull or other horned animal) to catch on the horns or attack with the horns.
- to catch hold of and draw (loops of yarn) through cloth with or as if with a hook.
- to make (a rug, garment, etc.) in this fashion.
- to hit or throw (a ball) so that a hook results.
- [Boxing.]to deliver a hook with: The champion hooked a right to his opponent's jaw.
- [Rugby.]to push (a ball) backward with the foot in scrummage from the front line.
- to make hook-shaped;
- to become attached or fastened by or as if by a hook.
- to curve or bend like a hook.
- (of a player) to hook the ball.
- (of a ball) to describe a hook in course.
- to depart hastily: We'd better hook for home.
- hook it, to run away;
flee: He hooked it when he saw the truant officer.
- hook up:
- to fasten with a hook or hooks.
- to assemble or connect, as the components of a machine: to hook up a stereo system.
- to connect to a central source, as of power or water: The house hasn't been hooked up to the city's water system yet.
- to join or become associated with: He never had a decent job until he hooked up with this company.
Rackrack1 (rak),USA pronunciation n.
- a framework of bars, wires, or pegs on which articles are arranged or deposited: a clothes rack; a luggage rack.
- a fixture containing several tiered shelves, often affixed to a wall: a book rack; a spice rack.
- a spreading framework set on a wagon for carrying hay, straw, or the like, in large loads.
- a wooden frame of triangular shape within which the balls are arranged before play.
- the balls so arranged: He took aim at the rack.
- a bar, with teeth on one of its sides, adapted to engage with the teeth of a pinion(rack and pinion) or the like, as for converting circular into rectilinear motion or vice versa.
- a bar having a series of notches engaging with a pawl or the like.
- a former instrument of torture consisting of a framework on which a victim was tied, often spread-eagled, by the wrists and ankles, to be slowly stretched by spreading the parts of the framework.
- a cause or state of intense suffering of body or mind.
- violent strain.
- a pair of antlers.
- [Slang.]a bed, cot, or bunk: I spent all afternoon in the rack.
- to torture;
torment: His body was racked with pain.
- to strain in mental effort: to rack one's brains.
- to strain by physical force or violence.
- to strain beyond what is normal or usual.
- to stretch the body of (a person) in torture by means of a rack.
- to seize (two ropes) together side by side.
- rack out, [Slang.]to go to bed;
go to sleep: I racked out all afternoon.
- rack up:
- [Pool.]to put (the balls) in a rack.
- [Informal.]to tally, accumulate, or amass as an achievement or score: The corporation racked up the greatest profits in its history.
Imagesim•age (im′ij),USA pronunciation n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
- an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
- a mental representation;
- a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.
semblance: We are all created in God's image.
copy: That child is the image of his mother.
- a symbol;
- the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., esp. as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.
- a type;
embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.
- a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.
- a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor or a simile.
- an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.
- the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.
- [Archaic.]an illusion or apparition.
- to picture or represent in the mind;
- to make an image of;
portray in sculpture, painting, etc.
- to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- to reflect the likeness of;
- to set forth in speech or writing;
- to symbolize;
- to resemble.
- [Informal.]to create an image for (a company, public figure, etc.): The candidate had to be imaged before being put on the campaign trail.
- to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form, as changing digital data to pixels for display on a CRT or representing a medical scan of a body part in digital form.
Viewview (vyo̅o̅),USA pronunciation n.
- an instance of seeing or beholding;
- range of sight or vision: Several running deer came into the view of the hunters.
- a sight or prospect of a landscape, the sea, etc.: His apartment affords a view of the park.
- a picture or photograph of something: The postcard bears a view of Vesuvius.
- a particular manner of looking at something: From a practical view, the situation presents several problems.
- contemplation or consideration of a matter with reference to action: a project in view.
- aim, intention, or purpose.
expectation: the view for the future.
- a sight afforded of something from a position stated or qualified: a bird's-eye view.
- a general account or description of a subject.
- a conception of a thing;
theory: His view was not supported by the facts.
- a survey;
inspection: a view of Restoration comedy.
- in view:
- within range of vision.
- under consideration.
- as an end sought: She went over the material with the scholarship examination in view.
- in view of, in consideration of;
on account of: In view of the circumstances, it seems best to wait until tomorrow.
- on view, in a place for public inspection;
on exhibition: The latest models of automobiles are now on view.
- with a view to:
- with the aim or intention of.
- with the expectation or hope of: They saved their money with a view to being able to buy a house someday.
- to see;
watch: to view a movie.
- to look at;
inspect: to view the construction of a road.
- to contemplate mentally;
consider: to view the repercussions of a decision.
- to regard in a particular light or as specified: She views every minor setback as a disaster.
- [Fox Hunting.]to sight (a fox).
Hello guys, this attachment is about Ikea Hook Rack Images #7 View Larger. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1000 x 750. This image's file size is only 46 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your PC, you could Click here. You could too see more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at this post: Ikea Hook Rack.
Tired of living room design things including cushions with hues and patterns are mediocre? Attempt Ikea Hook Rack Images #7 View Larger you use colored pillowcase wonderful and stylish design. Along with adjusting the look of the cushion to become more gorgeous, pillowcases picked with careful consideration can be in a position to supply ease and elegance that increase the inner style of the family area.
Decide the measurement. One aspect to think about before you choose to acquire this decoration merchandise is the measurement. You have to change the size of the pillowcase with ornamental pillows therefore it looks beautiful and really fit held.
Verify the components. Pick pillowcases in delicate leather, linen quality, and sturdy despite often times that are washed. By picking natural materials, you're able to optimize the wonder of the design of the area as well as the ease for your household.
Listed below are ideas to get pillowcases summarized from Ikea Hook Rack to help you exhibit your family room design items such as cushions having a range of style and color right.