Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Actionac•tion (ak′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- the process or state of acting or of being active: The machine is not in action now.
- something done or performed;
- an act that one consciously wills and that may be characterized by physical or mental activity: a crisis that demands action instead of debate; hoping for constructive action by the landlord.
- actions, habitual or usual acts;
conduct: He is responsible for his actions.
- energetic activity: a man of action.
- an exertion of power or force: the action of wind upon a ship's sails.
- effect or influence: the action of morphine.
- [Physiol.]a change in organs, tissues, or cells leading to performance of a function, as in muscular contraction.
- way or manner of moving: the action of a machine or of a horse.
- the mechanism by which something is operated, as that of a gun or a piano.
- a military encounter or engagement;
battle, skirmish, or the like.
- actual engagement in fighting an enemy;
military or naval combat: He saw action in Vietnam.
- the main subject or story, as distinguished from an incidental episode.
- an event or series of events that form part of a dramatic plot: the action of a scene.
- one of the three unities. Cf. unity (def. 8).
- the gestures or deportment of an actor or speaker.
- the appearance of animation, movement, or emotion given to figures by their attitude, position, or expression.
- a proceeding instituted by one party against another.
- the right of bringing it.
- interesting or exciting activity, often of an illicit nature: He gave us some tips on where the action was.
- gambling or the excitement of gambling: The casino usually offers plenty of action.
- money bet in gambling, esp. illegally.
- a religious ceremony, esp. a Eucharistic service.
- the canon of the Mass.
- those parts of a service of worship in which the congregation participates.
- in action:
- performing or taking part in a characteristic act: The school baseball team is in action tonight.
functioning: His rescuing the child was bravery in action.
- out of action, removed from action, as by sudden disability: The star halfback is out of action with a bad knee.
- piece of the action, [Informal.]a share of the proceeds or profits: Cut me in for a piece of the action.
- take action:
- to start doing something: As soon as we get his decision, we'll take action.
- to start a legal procedure.
- characterized by brisk or dynamic action: an action car; an action melodrama.
Figurefig•ure (fig′yər; esp. Brit. fig′ər),USA pronunciation n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
- a numerical symbol, esp. an Arabic numeral.
- an amount or value expressed in numbers.
- figures, the use of numbers in calculating;
arithmetic: to be poor at figures.
- a written symbol other than a letter.
- form or shape, as determined by outlines or exterior surfaces: to be round, square, or cubical in figure.
- the bodily form or frame: a slender or graceful figure.
- an individual bodily form or a person with reference to form or appearance: A tall figure stood in the doorway.
- a character or personage, esp. one of distinction: a well-known figure in society.
- a person's public image or presence: a controversial political figure.
- the appearance or impression made by a person or sometimes a thing: to make quite a figure in financial circles; to present a wretched figure of poverty.
- a representation, pictorial or sculptured, esp. of the human form: The frieze was bordered with the figures of men and animals.
- an emblem, type, or symbol: The dove is a figure of peace.
- [Rhet.]a figure of speech.
- a textural pattern, as in cloth or wood: draperies with an embossed silk figure.
- a distinct movement or division of a dance.
- a movement, pattern, or series of movements in skating.
- [Music.]a short succession of musical notes, as either a melody or a group of chords, that produces a single complete and distinct impression.
- [Geom.]a combination of geometric elements disposed in a particular form or shape: The circle, square, and polygon are plane figures. The sphere, cube, and polyhedron are solid figures.
- [Logic.]the form of a categorical syllogism with respect to the relative position of the middle term.
- [Optics.]the precise curve required on the surface of an optical element, esp. the mirror or correcting plate of a reflecting telescope.
- the natural pattern on a sawed wood surface produced by the intersection of knots, burls, growth rings, etc.
- a phantasm or illusion.
- cut a figure. See cut (defs. 42, 44b).
- to compute or calculate (often fol. by up): to figure up a total.
- to express in figures.
- to mark or adorn with a design or pattern.
- to portray by speech or action.
- to represent or express by a figure of speech.
- to represent by a pictorial or sculptured figure, a diagram, or the like;
picture or depict;
trace (an outline, silhouette, etc.).
- [Informal.]to conclude, judge, reason, or think about: I figured that you wanted me to stay.
- to embellish with passing notes or other decorations.
- to write figures above or below (a bass part) to indicate accompanying chords.
- to compute or work with numerical figures.
- to be or appear, esp. in a conspicuous or prominent way: His name figures importantly in my report.
- [Informal.](of a situation, act, request, etc.) to be logical, expected, or reasonable: He quit the job when he didn't get a raise—it figured.
- figure in, to add in: Figure in rent and utilities as overhead.
- figure on, [Informal.]
- to count or rely on.
- to take into consideration;
plan on: You had better figure on running into heavy traffic leaving the city.
- figure out, [Informal.]
- to understand;
solve: We couldn't figure out where all the money had gone.
- to calculate;
- figure up, [Informal.]to total: The bill figures up to exactly $1000.
Shelfshelf (shelf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. shelves (shelvz).USA pronunciation
- a thin slab of wood, metal, etc., fixed horizontally to a wall or in a frame, for supporting objects.
- the contents of this: a shelf of books.
- a surface or projection resembling this;
- [Physical Geog.]
- a sandbank or submerged extent of rock in the sea or river.
- the bedrock underlying an alluvial deposit or the like.
- See continental shelf.
- [Archery.]the upper part of the bow hand, on which the arrow rests.
- off the shelf, readily available from merchandise in stock: Any of those parts can be purchased off the shelf.
- on the shelf, [Informal.]
- put aside temporarily;
- without prospects of marriage, as after having broken an engagement.
Gallerygal•ler•y (gal′ə rē, gal′rē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ler•ies.
- a raised area, often having a stepped or sloping floor, in a theater, church, or other public building to accommodate spectators, exhibits, etc.
- the uppermost of such areas in a theater, usually containing the cheapest seats.
- the occupants of such an area in a theater.
- the general public, esp. when regarded as having popular or uncultivated tastes.
- any group of spectators or observers, as at a golf match, a Congressional session, etc.
- a room, series of rooms, or building devoted to the exhibition and often the sale of works of art.
- a long covered area, narrow and open at one or both sides, used esp. as a walk or corridor.
- [Chiefly South Atlantic States.]a long porch or portico;
- a long, relatively narrow room, esp. one for public use.
- a corridor, esp. one having architectural importance through its scale or decorative treatment.
- a raised, balconylike platform or passageway running along the exterior wall of a building inside or outside.
- a large room or building used for photography, target practice, or other special purposes: a shooting gallery.
- a collection of art for exhibition.
- [Theat.]a narrow, raised platform located beyond the acting area, used by stagehands or technicians to stand on when working.
- a projecting balcony or structure on the quarter or stern of a vessel.
- an ornamental railing or cresting surrounding the top of a table, stand, desk, etc.
- a level or drift.
- a small tunnel in a dam, mine, or rock, for various purposes, as inspection or drainage.
- a passageway made by an animal.
- [Fort. Obs.]an underground or covered passage to another part of a fortified position.
- play to the gallery, to attempt to appeal to the popular taste, as opposed to a more refined or esoteric taste: Movies, though still playing mainly to the gallery, have taken their place as a significant art form.
Picturepic•ture (pik′chər),USA pronunciation n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc.: I carry a picture of my grandchild in my wallet.
- any visible image, however produced: pictures reflected in a pool of water.
- a mental image: a clear picture of how he had looked that day.
- a particular image or reality as portrayed in an account or description;
- a tableau, as in theatrical representation.
- See motion picture.
- pictures, Informal (older use). movies.
- a person, thing, group, or scene regarded as resembling a work of pictorial art in beauty, fineness of appearance, etc.: She was a picture in her new blue dress.
- the image or perfect likeness of someone else: He is the picture of his father.
- a visible or concrete embodiment of some quality or condition: the picture of health.
- a situation or set of circumstances: the economic picture.
- the image on a computer monitor, the viewing screen of a television set, or a motion-picture screen.
- to represent in a picture or pictorially, as by painting or drawing.
- to form a mental picture of;
imagine: He couldn't picture himself doing such a thing.
- to depict in words;
describe graphically: He pictured Rome so vividly that you half-believed you were there.
- to present or create as a setting;
portray: His book pictured the world of the future.
Hello peoples, this post is about Good Action Figure Shelf Photo Gallery #2 Picture 002. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 963 x 722. It's file size is only 138 KB. If You decided to save It to Your computer, you can Click here. You could also download more photos by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Action Figure Shelf.
Action Figure Shelf style like no death, many idea of home. Especially for young households who livein downtown situations, the present day strategy not just produce your kitchen appear attractive but in addition makes cooking much more easy meal. Concept kitchen's initial sessions is appointed cooking program. If the conventional kitchen cannot be segregated from your furnace, the current design is extremely much attached with high tech furnishings. Several we mean, amongst so on, gas-stove, refrigerator, oven, mixer dispensers, machines, and others.
Alternatively, Good Action Figure Shelf Photo Gallery #2 Picture 002 assists as being a speech. All food ready accumulated here first, after which brought to the desk. Kitchen clear can be widely used to prepare basic dishes, prepare bread, including eggs, boil the noodles, and juicing. Solutions when the room can be named the pantry is created to the living area.
Constructing all this gear could be established such that it makes the environment of the cooking pastime that-much more fulfilling. Next can be a separate area of the kitchen kitchen that is dirty and clean. Even though it is named a filthy home, space cleanliness stays the top. The definition of gross arise since within this area can be a food-processing washing furniture at once ripe. And so the bedroom is more prone to fall apart.