Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Sideside1 (sīd),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., sid•ed, sid•ing.
- one of the surfaces forming the outside of or bounding a thing, or one of the lines bounding a geometric figure.
- either of the two broad surfaces of a thin, flat object, as a door, a piece of paper, etc.
- one of the lateral surfaces of an object, as opposed to the front, back, top, and bottom.
- either of the two lateral parts or areas of a thing: the right side and the left side.
- either lateral half of the body, esp. of the trunk, of a human or animal.
- the dressed, lengthwise half of an animal's body, as of beef or pork, used for food.
- an aspect or phase, esp. as contrasted with another aspect or phase: to consider all sides of a problem.
- region, direction, or position with reference to a central line, space, or point: the east side of a city.
- a slope, as of a hill.
- one of two or more contesting teams, groups, parties, etc.: Our side won the baseball game.
- the position, course, or part of a person or group opposing another: I am on your side in this issue.
- line of descent through either the father or the mother: grandparents on one's maternal side.
- the space immediately adjacent to something or someone indicated: Stand at my side.
- a side dish, as in a restaurant: I'll have a hamburger and a side of French fries.
- Usually, sides. [Theat.]
- pages of a script containing only the lines and cues of a specific role to be learned by a performer.
- the lines of the role.
- the hull portion that is normally out of the water, located between the stem and stern to port or starboard.
- [Billiards.]English (def. 8).
- a phonograph record.
- [Chiefly Brit. Slang.]
- affected manner;
assumed haughtiness: to put on side.
gall: He has a lot of side.
- on the side:
- separate from the main issue or point of interest.
- in addition to one's regular, or known work, interest, relationships, etc.: She tried selling cosmetics on the side. He dates another girl on the side.
- as a side dish: a hamburger with French fries on the side.
- on the (specified) side, rather more than less;
tending toward (the quality or condition specified): This cake is a little on the sweet side.
- side by side:
- next to one another;
- closely associated or related;
in proximity: A divided city in which democracy and communism must live side by side.
- take sides, to give one's support to one person or group in a dispute;
be partial to one side: We were careful not to take sides forfear of getting personally involved.
- the far side, the farther or opposite side: the far side of the moon.
- being at or on one side: the side aisles of a theater.
- coming from one side.
- directed toward one side: a side blow.
- subordinate or incidental: a side issue.
- side with or against, to favor or support or refuse to support one group, opinion, etc., against opposition;
take sides, as in a dispute: He always sides with the underdog.
Endend1 (end),USA pronunciation n.
- the last part or extremity, lengthwise, of anything that is longer than it is wide or broad: the end of a street; the end of a rope.
- a point, line, or limitation that indicates the full extent, degree, etc., of something;
bounds: kindness without end; to walk from end to end of a city.
- a part or place at or adjacent to an extremity: at the end of the table; the west end of town.
- the furthermost imaginable place or point: an island at the very end of the world.
conclusion: The journey was coming to an end.
- the concluding part: The end of her speech had to be cut short because of time.
- an intention or aim: to gain one's ends.
- the object for which a thing exists;
purpose: The happiness of the people is the end of government.
- an outcome or result: What is to be the end of all this bickering?
- termination of existence;
death: He met a horrible end.
- a cause of death, destruction, or ruin: Another war would be the end of civilization.
- a remnant or fragment: mill end; ends and trimmings.
- a share or part in something: He does his end of the job very well.
- a warp thread running vertically and interlaced with the filling yarn in the woven fabric.
- either of the linemen stationed farthest from the center.
- the position played by this lineman.
- [Archery.]the number of arrows to be shot by a competitor during one turn in a match.
- [Cricket.]a wicket, esp. the one where the batsman is taking a turn.
- a unit of a game, as in curling or lawn bowling.
- [Kantianism.]any rational being, regarded as worthy to exist for its own sake.
- either half of a domino.
- [Knots.]the part of a rope, beyond a knot or the like, that is not used.
- at loose ends, without an occupation or plans;
uncertain: He spent two years wandering about the country at loose ends.
- at one's wit's end, at the end of one's ideas or mental resources;
perplexed: I'm at my wit's end with this problem.Also, at one's wits' end.
- end for end, in reverse position;
inverted: The cartons were turned end for end.
- end on, with the end next to or facing: He backed the truck until it was end on with the loading platform.
- end to end, in a row with ends touching: The pipes were placed end to end on the ground.
- go off the deep end, [Informal.]to act in a reckless or agitated manner;
lose emotional control: She went off the deep end when she lost her job.
- in the end, finally;
after all: In the end they shook hands and made up.
- keep or hold one's end up, to perform one's part or share adequately: The work is demanding, but he's holding his end up.
- make an end of, to conclude;
stop: Let's make an end of this foolishness and get down to work.
- make ends meet, to live within one's means: Despite her meager income, she tried to make ends meet.Also, make both ends meet.
- no end, [Informal.]very much or many: They were pleased no end by the warm reception.
- on end:
- having the end down;
upright: to stand a box on end.
successively: They talked for hours on end.
- put an end to, to cause to stop;
finish: The advent of sound in motion pictures put an end to many a silent star's career.
- the end, [Slang.]the ultimate;
the utmost of good or bad: His stupidity is the end.
- to bring to an end or conclusion: We ended the discussion on a note of optimism.
- to put an end to;
terminate: This was the battle that ended the war.
- to form the end of: This passage ends the novel.
- to cause the demise of;
kill: A bullet through the heart ended him.
- to constitute the most outstanding or greatest possible example or instance of (usually used in the infinitive): You just committed the blunder to end all blunders.
- to come to an end;
cease: The road ends at Rome.
- to issue or result: Extravagance ends in want.
- to reach or arrive at a final condition, circumstance, or goal (often fol. by up): to end up in the army; to end as a happy person.
- final or ultimate: the end result.
Mediumme•di•um (mē′dē əm),USA pronunciation n., pl. -di•a (-dē ə)USA pronunciation for 1–9, 11, -di•ums for 1–11, 14, adj.
- a middle state or condition;
- something intermediate in nature or degree.
- an intervening substance, as air, through which a force acts or an effect is produced.
- the element that is the natural habitat of an organism.
- surrounding objects, conditions, or influences;
- an intervening agency, means, or instrument by which something is conveyed or accomplished: Words are a medium of expression.
- one of the means or channels of general communication, information, or entertainment in society, as newspapers, radio, or television.
- [Biol.]the substance in which specimens are displayed or preserved.
- Also called culture medium. [Bacteriol.]a liquid or solidified nutrient material suitable for the cultivation of microorganisms.
- a person through whom the spirits of the dead are alleged to be able to contact the living.
- [Painting.]a liquid with which pigments are mixed.
- the material or technique with which an artist works: the medium of watercolor.
- a size of printing paper, 18½ × 23½ in. (47 × 60 cm) in England, 18 × 23 to 19 × 25 in. (46 × 58 to 48 × 64 cm) in America.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a size of drawing or writing paper, 17½ × 22 in. (44 × 56 cm).
- Also called medium strip. [Midland U.S.]See median strip.
- in medium, [Motion Pictures, Television.]with the principal actors in the middle distance: The scene was shot in medium.
- about halfway between extremes, as of degree, amount, quality, position, or size: Cook over medium heat. He is of medium height.
Oakoak (ōk),USA pronunciation n.
- any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Quercus, of the beech family, bearing the acorn as fruit.
- the hard, durable wood of such a tree, used in making furniture and in construction.
- the leaves of this tree, esp. as worn in a chaplet.
- anything made of the wood of this tree, as an item of furniture, a door, etc.
- sport one's oak, (of a university student) to indicate that one is not at home to visitors by closing the outer door of one's lodgings.
Finishfin•ish (fin′ish),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to bring (something) to an end or to completion;
complete: to finish a novel; to finish breakfast.
- to come to the end of (a course, period of time, etc.): to finish school.
- to use completely (often fol. by up or off): to finish up a can of paint; to finish off the rest of the milk.
- to overcome completely;
destroy or kill (often fol. by off): This spray will finish off the cockroaches.
- to complete and perfect in detail;
put the final touches on (sometimes fol. by up): He decided to finish his plan more carefully. She finished up a painting.
- to put a finish on (wood, metal, etc.): We finished the desk in antique red lacquer.
- to perfect (a person) in education, accomplishments, social graces, etc.
- to ready (livestock) for market by feeding a diet calculated to produce the desired weight.
- to come to an end: The course finishes in January.
- to complete a course, project, etc. (sometimes fol. by up): I finished before he did. It was nine o'clock when we finished up.
- (of livestock) to become fattened for market.
- finish with:
- to bring to completion: She's finished with her latest novel.
- to put aside, break all relations with, or reject finally: He's finished with football and will play only baseball now. After the way they treated us, we're finished with them.
- the end or conclusion;
the final part or last stage.
- the end of a hunt, race, etc.: a close finish.
- a decisive ending: a fight to the finish.
- the quality of being finished or completed with smoothness, elegance, etc.: to admire the finish of one's writing.
- educational or social polish.
- the manner in which an object is perfected or finished in its preparation, or an effect imparted in finishing.
- the surface coating or texture of wood, metal, etc.
- something used or serving to finish, complete, or perfect a thing.
- woodwork or the like, esp. in the interior of a building, not essential to the structure but used for purposes of ornament, neatness, etc.: a finish of black walnut.
- Also called fin′ish coat′, fin′ishing coat′. a final coat of plaster or paint.
- a material for application in finishing.
- the fat tissue of livestock.
- the flavor remaining in the mouth after a wine has been swallowed.
Hi there, this post is about Leick Chair Side End Table, Medium Oak Finish (wonderful Inexpensive End Tables #5). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1230 x 1230. It's file size is only 99 KB. If You ought to download It to Your PC, you have to Click here. You may also see more photos by clicking the following picture or see more at this article: Inexpensive End Tables.
Have you been searching for the Leick Chair Side End Table, Medium Oak Finish (wonderful Inexpensive End Tables #5)? If you prefer to truly have a living room that is gorgeous and exciting, you should consider in regards to the decoration of one's living-room in addition to issue about furniture plans. You might also need to take into consideration about the equilibrium of the existing room once you decide to have a decor for your living room.
In case your living room is high in furniture, you should use this wallpaper in only a whole wall-in your living room. Though you only put it to use picture actually planning to decorate your living room.
Along with wallpaper, there's lots of different Inexpensive End Tables that you can decide for your livingroom. Like, if you have a tiny livingroom, you can place a mirror around the wall using a condition that is unique. Moreover, it offers a wider watch, the reflection will surely decorate your room that is living. Painting, craft, etc can be also used by you.
Decorating suggestions living wall that you can have for your existing room is wallpaper if you want to have an sophisticated look of your family area. You will find plenty of wallpaper habits that are beautiful that you can decide to accentuate your existing room wall design to utilize this type, you must look at the living room's equilibrium.